ArmA 2: DayZ Mod

RadioKnight

So it seems the next big thing in the zombie survival genre is this mod called DayZ, for ArmA 2. Its still in Alpha, and very much a work in progress, but its a lot of fun, especially when played with an organized group.

So Im throwing this up here to see if anyone around GC is into this, or thinking of getting into this.

I started playing this and there is a real tension the whole time exploring. You approach a town from the top of a hill and see it swarming with zombies and you ask yourself, "where would be the best area to enter this town from?"

Of course, one little mistake like making too much sound, or get seen, you'll have a horde of zombies chasing you out of there. I ended up recording a video of me "sneaking" into this one area and end up stumbling upon another person in there.

Been playing this a little bit too and this mod is so much fun. If we could get a group to meet up one night on the weekend, that would be cool. I play with one other person right now and having a group with tactics about what to do next or going up against another group of survivors sounds like it could be even more fun.

Day Z has so much potential to grow and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this mod.

Well, whenever anyones up to play, shoot me a message on Steam. Any that I dont have on Steam, add me if you like.

All the bugs and glitches is where the Alpha label shows the most. The zombies attacking through walls is a bit irritating, and dont even try crawling through a doorway or under a ladder, it can be lethal.

• 4 weeks later...