kicked from 10v10 L4D2

Ace

Hi hope this is where i posted a complaint, i was vote kicked by a person who was claiming to be admin, anyhow i know the rules of the server about running ahead. Ive played on your server many times and enjoy the setup and gameplay. This was on your server: 216.52.148.77:27015 gcftw.com | Left 4 Dead 2 10v10

Im 54 years old and play all my games as a team player. Anyhow this person said for us to move ahead so i did and waited at a nearby house along with another player.

This is where i was kicked from the server for rushing, we had a player who got pulled and i was about to go to help but this same person along with a youngster, i can tell from voice he was very young said NO leave him let him die.

I then turn around and run back with the group, it was then this person said move ahead go go go, so i did. And i got kicked from server for this.

I hate that players who try to be a leader call out orders but when it dont go their way they are ready to blame others.

I will now record all my games while playing for verifications

Edited by Ace

My bet it was just a 5 minute ban or some-such. Try joining again (the server I still have never been able to join :( )

This server can get pretty chaotic as you probably well know. If you are still banned let us know and we'll get it taken care of.

You'll find many of us on this end "old" as well. GC has been around in one way or another since 1999 or so...

Ace,

Hope you continue to enjoy our server. If you find anyone ever claiming to be an admin when they're not, please let us know. No one should ever do that.

Main Server Admins:

-JackieChan.gc - Lead Admin

-Nightling

-RadioKnight

-Crasx

-CrunchyOrphan

-Madvillian

-Cake

-Tirtul

-MaestroPianoGenius

-Biggs

-Radical

(I dont know Radicals or Maestro's Steam ID's, can someone add their steam ID links, thanks in advance)

These are the admins (added links to show what their profiles are like, you cant fake comments or friends list/games/etc) and if anyone is impersonating them let us know. Admins dont usually threaten, though they will warn. Some are known to kick without warning since the rules are in the Message of the Day when you load into the server, they're more in-depth on the Steam Group Page (specifically rushing.) on average admins usually kick for 5minutes to 15minutes, 5minutes being the length of time Valve made being kicked from an actual game, when vote kicks are brought up.

Me personally, no one should threaten anyone saying they know an admin. If something goes on in the server, either post(IF you have a demo on what occurred, cant go by word of mouth), or tell an admin on Steam.(Posting is also another alternative when Admin isn't on, again, if you have a demo.)(If someone breaks the law, do you say "I know some cops, better stop!", No you call the cops.)

Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy the servers.

Edited by ValenAlvern

Hi hope this is where i posted a complaint, i was vote kicked by a person who was claiming to be admin, anyhow i know the rules of the server about running ahead. Ive played on your server many times and enjoy the setup and gameplay. This was on your server: 216.52.148.77:27015 gcftw.com | Left 4 Dead 2 10v10

Im 54 years old and play all my games as a team player. Anyhow this person said for us to move ahead so i did and waited at a nearby house along with another player.

This is where i was kicked from the server for rushing, we had a player who got pulled and i was about to go to help but this same person along with a youngster, i can tell from voice he was very young said NO leave him let him die.

I then turn around and run back with the group, it was then this person said move ahead go go go, so i did. And i got kicked from server for this.

I hate that players who try to be a leader call out orders but when it dont go their way they are ready to blame others.

I will now record all my games while playing for verifications

do you not know any names at all? like who was there to verify this?

It would be weird for a member (with access to votekick) to claim he was an admin (who don't have access to votekick, but can ban ppl without a vote). Are you sure he claimed to be an admin? Perhaps he was just claiming that he could kick you (by calling a vote) as all members can?

Also you are of course free to record all your session, but i would not deem that necessary. You can get votekicked for 5 mins, but a permanent ban only happens when you did sumthin really naughty! And you can always post an apology on the forums, which (in my experience) is always well received. Never have seen someone stay banned after apologizing on the forums.

It would be weird for a member (with access to votekick) to claim he was an admin (who don't have access to votekick, but can ban ppl without a vote). Are you sure he claimed to be an admin? Perhaps he was just claiming that he could kick you (by calling a vote) as all members can?

Also you are of course free to record all your session, but i would not deem that necessary. You can get votekicked for 5 mins, but a permanent ban only happens when you did sumthin really naughty! And you can always post an apology on the forums, which (in my experience) is always well received. Never have seen someone stay banned after apologizing on the forums.

He was telling ALL when we played as infected he would bark out orders for ALL who was spitters to spit and die or as smokers to pull victims and die. He blur out these words over and over to all. And frankly it made me not want to play anymore as it was getting on others nerves as well. I finally just left the server. But yes i was voted and kicked, and i was not the only one he called a vote kick on. This person just made not so fun. This is why i just left, I wish i had wrote his name down. I entered your server @

on Jun 2 @ 8:28 AM for 32 minutes I left then reentered

on Jun 2 @ 9:04 AM for 36 minutes I lost connection and reentered

on Jun 2 @ 11:19 AM for 58 minutes

I lost connection again and reentered this is the time The Dude entered

on Jun 2 @ 12:39 PM for 43 minutes I lost connection again so i reentered

on Jun 2 @ 3:44 PM for 23 minutes

can tell you the following players was on, The Dude Just came in game for about 10mins then he left game and was playing as a Survivor, Unknown Person, Mace, Peanut Butter n Jelly, too had just came in game when some of this went on. Anyhow this person wanted all to listen to him and only him or he would vote kick you off. So i just chose to leave and stay off since the server was very laggy. Between the lag some of us was getting and this person, i was not going to get myself upset over it. I play games to relax and have a good time. Not to be pushed around by someone on a power trip adventure.

Your severs are the best ive played on and will continue to visit, im not going to let this one person ruin it for me. But if i run into him again i remember to get the name, and leave the server.

Thanks

It's against the rules to vote someone off based on skill, or anything related to that. (Heck last time I checked votekicking was there in case someone was afk or was griefing and an admin wasnt on at the time.)

As we cant go by word of mouth, be sure to demo record all experiences with the server so stuff like this doesnt happen. Hope you enjoy playing in the future.

Edited by ValenAlvern

He was not votekicked based on skill. He was votekicked because he ran ahead and everyone on the team said for him to come back. He was spawn blocking yes, but was not listening. A few (Mostly regulars) asked for the votekick so i did.

We als all asked you to spit and die over and over and over as well the prior round.

You became one of those players who was not cooperating. We kicked you as a team. not one person. Two sides to the story. I believe a few of the regulars can chime in, but lately its been nuts on the server.

Also, we were not bullying you, but I know my style, and if you felt that way... Sorry.

Welcome to the forums by the way. I am sure we can all play nicely together

Also, people told you including me rushing can result in a kick./ban. That was typed out by someone else. As you all know, my typing skills are that of a 2 year when playing L4D2.

I think the reality of it, is your working with 9 other people and everything is going way too fast and sometimes, things get out of hand. Don't take it personally Ace I've been vote kicked before, and I'm friends with a few of the admins(on steam), its just how a 10v10 server goes sometimes. Mob rule can get ugly, i suggest just chalking it up to people having a not so fun day/game, and try back after a while. The regs attitudes change on a dime, for whatever reason, but generally you will have fun, if you can not hear the bs sometimes. AND STOP RUSHING!!! I'm totally kidding ! xD

He was not votekicked based on skill. He was votekicked because he ran ahead and everyone on the team said for him to come back. He was spawn blocking yes, but was not listening. A few (Mostly regulars) asked for the votekick so i did.

We als all asked you to spit and die over and over and over as well the prior round.

You became one of those players who was not cooperating. We kicked you as a team. not one person. Two sides to the story. I believe a few of the regulars can chime in, but lately its been nuts on the server.

Actually, if memory serves, he ran ahead with one other - way ahead, and got himself incapped - al while we were getting pwnd by tanks in the back. Kick well deserved, given that we lost the round for it. As far as people getting told not to hold spitters, this is a regular issue on the server, you will begin to understand it as you get more experience.

Finally, at no time do I remember anyone suggesting they were an admin.

Edited by Lookback

"You should spit and die."

I dont want to spit and die, why should I stand idly by?

"Spit and die, it's not a crime."

I would not like to spit and die, I would like to spit and survive.

"You can open the buy menu, and choose die."

Theres too much time, I dont want to spit and die.

Not on a house, not on a mouse, not on a car, not on a farm.

Not here, not there, I dont want to spit and die anywhere!

"You can do on top of them."

Dear SI, I dont WANT to spit and die.

Edited by ValenAlvern

I think the reality of it, is your working with 9 other people and everything is going way too fast and sometimes, things get out of hand. Don't take it personally Ace I've been vote kicked before, and I'm friends with a few of the admins(on steam), its just how a 10v10 server goes sometimes. Mob rule can get ugly, i suggest just chalking it up to people having a not so fun day/game, and try back after a while. The regs attitudes change on a dime, for whatever reason, but generally you will have fun, if you can not hear the bs sometimes. AND STOP RUSHING!!! I'm totally kidding ! xD

yeah that has happened before I remember zimba vote kicking me for making time to send points to a team member that was charged down to the last floor he could make it but our teammates at the time were too busy tryin to go in a elevator that wont go down if someone is incapped so either way we were stuck. and he was voicing for all to kick me but the guys said no bc they know i will help as much as i can. so it does happen even when u are trying to help others. things happen way too fast sometimes on the server u just gotta keep up with it and if you are going ahead too far up then yes u deserve a kick in the booty. just make sure u are keeping ur eyes and ears open for ppl who type or voice chat to you on whats going on and what needs to happen bc there are alot of ppl on that server that know what they are doing and sometimes it just takes 1 person to mess it up. not saying you do that all the time but i does happen.

turbo.... get over here i need to talk to u in the corner

We votekicked for the rush in that situation.

With respect to spit and die, if it becomes an issue when the whole team is practically begging someone to stop doing it as they amble along 500 ft behind the survivors and ignore everyone, could it not be deemed 'not being a team player', or even 'griefing'?

• Like 1

We votekicked for the rush in that situation.

With respect to spit and die, if it becomes an issue when the whole team is practically begging someone to stop doing it as they amble along 500 ft behind the survivors and ignore everyone, could it not be deemed 'not being a team player', or even 'griefing'?

NO! Seriously you guys can buy Spitters up to 5 spawns so if someone does NOT want to Spit and Die then leave it alone. Not everyone lives by this rule and wanting to kick them for it is just childish. Let people play how they want to play. If they want to hold Spitters or Smokers for whatever reason just let them. This is not going to be a rule and it shouldn't be a rule.

If someone is rushing then yes fair reason for a kick.

But honestly you guys need to drop the Spit and Die or I'm gonna Kick or Yell and you OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Until you do. Just let it go.

This makes me happy I'm on holiday from Left 4 Dead 2.

As for yelling out commands, I tend to do it rather often, though i try not to sound like the boss or something (even though my girlfriend says i sound like an oppressive dictator). The alternative is saying 'please' and 'if you want to' all the time and that just makes you sound dumb. It's the price you pay for better teamwork.

It's actually pretty simple: if a couple of players take a leading position to direct the whole team (doesn't have to be the best players either), you can be damn sure the whole team will play a lot better. If someone doesn't like the way i'm talking to them, just leave the server just say so and i'll stop, no questions asked.

As for the spit-and-die thingy, i dont know... in the early stages of certain rounds where only 2 spitters are available (for example the tunnels in the beginning of Blood harvest, round 3), if someone doesn't spit and die, you can be sure to waste a lot of opportunities that round. And a votekick is not like a permanent ban. I've seen some people get kicked for not dying after a spit, and coming back 5 mins later and changing their mind. In my opinion every player who is serious about the game will. And there are always plenty of warnings beforehand.

Think of it this way: why wouldn't you spit and die? Because spitters are the biggest point farmers in the game and you want them for yourself. Simple as that.

So I agree with Lookback: what is the big difference between griefing as a human player and just standing around, stubbornly doing your own thing as an infected player? This is a team-based game, is it not?

Don't get me wrong, i will follow the rules and not kick a person for not spitting and dying, but i would like to see that rule changed: if the person really bothers his teammates, you can open a votekick (just like in a normal 4vs4 game, that's why it's there in the first place).

a votekick is not like a permanent ban. I've seen some people get kicked for not dying after a spit, and coming back 5 mins later and changing their mind.

They "changed" their minds because they didnt want to be kicked again, which is something no one should force or do.

In my opinion every player who is serious about the game will. And there are always plenty of warnings beforehand.

Theres regular VS or confogl. In my point of view, if youre playing in a server in which gives you points and being able to buy stuff...well. Not saying you cant be serious, but GCs l4d2 server I see more like Super Smash Bros. in which its more player friendly or "we're here to have fun" type of thing. Pretty much looses all of its competitiveness.

Think of it this way: why wouldn't you spit and die? Because spitters are the biggest point farmers in the game and you want them for yourself. Simple as that.

The Hunter and Charger are just as good, if not better.

So I agree with Lookback: what is the big difference between griefing as a human player and just standing around, stubbornly doing your own thing as an infected player? This is a team-based game, is it not?

Don't get me wrong, i will follow the rules and not kick a person for not spitting and dying, but i would like to see that rule changed: if the person really bothers his teammates, you can open a votekick (just like in a normal 4vs4 game, that's why it's there in the first place).

Can actually reghost, if youre farther back and out of sight.... or you can buy the reghost (Unless its been removed). Infact its hard to grief as an infected, pretty much just have to literally do nothing(I mean, dont spawn in) or spawn in, run in and die without doing anything. (Last could not count as some people can have around 300ping and could have lagged into the survivors or they thought they were a different infected, etc etc).

If I recall correctly, players werent able to votekick at all in the beginning, was added when griefers started to join as the server rose to top rank. Then it went to members only? Then back to admins... Cant remember if its members only now or open, I would say members only since they SHOULD know the rules as thats why votekicking is in the server in the first place.

Spit and dying is not a rule thus you can't votekick someone if they choose not to

We did not votekick based on that. Its when a person refuses to listen over and over that we votekick. Not just me, but it seems to be the norm.

Also, when I first played on this server, the very first thing I heard was.. Turbo, die. After about a minute. I figured it out. I never complained about it.

Also, I am confused. I have heard chick say spit and die numerous times.

Ill go now in the corner with Yuri. ;)

Isnt the point of playing is to play until someone kills you ? not for you to let them kill you on purpose whether it be spitters or any other infected. When i play, I play to survive and to help keep my team members alive as well. I was not incapped or anything infact i was kneeling down with my back to wall and the other player i was with whom i followed after we was told to move ahead, he got jockeyed. I was then vote kicked, that is why i typed to you that youre the one who told us to move ahead.

Now im not here to start a tinkleing contest, or a argument within your community, if this is your rule when playing as a spitter on your server to spit and die and not spit and survive, then you go ahead and play that way. Who says youre the expert, and what makes you an expert ? Do you have a degree in the Left4Dead 2 school ? or hold a degree in a Left4Dead2 college ?

Point is simple, we all want to win of course, but when you make guests feel unwelcomed they tend to stay away. But eventually you will be playing alone as people (players) will get feed up with the constant kicking or bullying. Having rules are good it helps govern us in our everyday life and yes in gaming too. We need rules to set guidelines, and if you feel i was rushing then i deserve to be kicked like all others.

In my defense, I was NOT rushing, as i am well aware of the GC Rules many times i have never voted against others who was vote kicked. as far as tanks attacking you, you was not under attack by any tank that i could see. After i made it to the small shed between the railroad cars and house, there was no tanks then, You then said to move ahead now remember none of us can see behind us, i dont use 3rd person view, heck dont know if this is available but when this was said i ran ahead with the other player. Now by moving ahead , if this caused you to become under attacked by other infected, then you can't say it's my fault. When i looked back i was already in the house, shooting infected players from it.

Problem is too many cooks spoils the recipe, lots of time its NOT the players fault but the ones who barking out orders, the same person said for me to send points to a player, i then typed back how do i send points, no one said or typed back to me how and i was then pulled and killed by a smoker and hunter. During this time my microphone was not working as i just brought a new one and had not hooked it up yet, but its now installed.

And none of the other players was saying nothing about anyone only the person calling out orders and the little kid who was playing at this time. Anyways i'm one not for arguing or getting into shouting matches getting too old for it and life too short. I wont add no more to this post as i don't want it to get out of hand and thanks for the welcome to forum replies :peace: I want to say thanks to Jackie Chan and others for making it fun. Keep up the great work....