CS:GO Release Date and Price

lousiest

lol $15. Thats way more than this game is worth. If you were any good at CS 1.6 or CS:S, I believe most people will be highly disappointed in the feel of the game. I stopped playing the beta because it was terrible.

I heard all these same complaints about source when it was in beta.

Source wasn't using a completely new recoil system (was using 1.6's, but toned down a little bit). CSGO is and they're trying to replicate 1.6/Source WITH the new recoil system when the old one is already in the game..which doesn't make sense.

Is the recoil that big of a deal? This isn't getting rid of Counter-Strike 1.6 or Counter-Strike: Source, they are always going to be there and you can play whatever you want. If you want the same old crap, just play the same old crap. I for one want something more than just Counter-Strike with prettier graphics...

...and honestly, the graphics of this aren't great...

But anyway, I'm pretty sure I've put over a thousand hours into Counter-Strike Beta, Counter-Strike 1.6, Counter-Strike: Source combined. If they just keep making the same game with slightly better graphics it might as well be Call of Duty. I don't mind new weapons, I don't mind the changing of recoil, I don't mind most of the map changes, I didn't even mind the maps they added in Source. Sometimes change is good thing, I'd even say sometimes it's necessary.

In my mind the fundamentals of Counter-Strike are round based matches, buying guns/equipment, saving hostages and blowing stuff up. NOT the bullet pattern of the AK-47.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Seems a bit strange, you'd think there would be more excitement out there but gaming sites are more or less quiet on the whole thing. Treating it like a point revision, which it probably is when you get down to it.

No reason why we can't rock a server out of the gate of course. Retro stays until people stop playing it of course.