Legendary and Set Pieces anyone?

Flitterkill

GC Board Member

This does make me feel better, esp. Sky's drop rate. Seems everyone I look at has or had a legendary piece on. Guess they are buying them.

D2 definitely had a better drop rate on uniques so I can see why people complained about the legendary stats. With them barely dropping they'd better have some kick to them.

Where a player finds an item is really of no consequence, as all mobs in the game have an equal chance to drop rare items. The drop rates are just extremely low.

The ilevel if the item, when it does drop, is directly related to the level of the mob versus your magic find, though. The higher the magic find, the greater the chance that the

item will have the higher-end stats on each statistic that is generated.

(edited)

1 legendary: Helm - Blind Faith

Stats are most appropriate for my Barb, but they're a little underwhelming overall, IMO. I was expecting a little better for a legendary.

Note: I don't have any class at lvl 60 yet. I got this helm in Act I Hell.

Edited by boiler

• 2 weeks later...

Add two more legendaries for me, collected on the same night with 5 NV. Both Angel Hair Braid though, so nothing too exciting. I got one of them from a Smoldering Armor Rack on the bridge in Act III. Still haven't moved to Inferno - my first 8 attempts at Diablo resulted in spectacular failure, so I'm grinding III/IV Hell until I get a little better stuff (or get some outside help at clearing Diablo).

At this point though most Elite packs in Hell are dispatched quickly without much fanfare, which is encouraging.

When you guys find this stuff, I know you usually have 5 NV, but what is your base MF? I start with 216% and get 5 NV on top of that so a total of 291% MF. I find crap doing Act 1 runs on Inferno. Just curious if there's a better way to find good stuff. Now granted I also haven't been playing much recently, i prolly don't farm as much as some of you guys.

On my DH, I don't have specific MF gear that I make sure to strap on. What I run with has about %64 MF (I think) before NV stacks. I think with full NV, the number bumps up to 160ish, but I might be way off. Only checked it once I think. Once I get the NV up to 5, I'm getting at least one rare (sometimes two) per elite pack as well as the requisite 2 rares per boss kill. I've only been "grinding" at lvl 60 for a few days, and my pack gets filled pretty quickly, with roughly 1/4 of it rares. Granted, since I'm in Hell most of it is useless lvl 50-58 stuff.