Legendary and Set Pieces anyone?

Flitterkill

Inna's is monk I thought.

Since that one Inna's I got; still nothing. No legendaries. No set pieces. Second recipe ever dropped for me (and Biggs) @ the Jailer last night though.

I had two ilvl 62 recipes drop for me soloing Act I, shield and chest I believe. No legendaries since I doubled up on Angel Hair Braid in one night last week though.

• 1 month later...

Nah... Most legendaries don't sell for much of anything, anymore, since most of the stats are guaranteed on them, now.

That legendaries DPS is way too low for a two-hand weapon. I sold a crossbow last night that was 1536.2 dps, for only

about 100k. Checked prices on tormentors - they're as low as 150k buyout , and even lower on bids. They've completely

destroyed the market by guaranteeing legendaries to be good.

On the bright side, I had 4 legendaries drop last night, and 5 the day before, with a set piece. Fortunately, a few were

sun keeper, crystal fist, and dawn, so I'm in to make a bit since they all proc'd sockets and 60+ MF on the sun keeper.

I've noticed that legendary and set pieces drop a lot more often, now. Does anyone else feel that way? I'm only sitting

on 294% MF before NV; and 36% of it is coming from paragon levels.

Please note: The MOST money I have ever gotten from the AH was roughly $120k. I am just enjoying seeing MORE legendaries drop than before.

You made 120,000 dollars from the auction house? Holy crap.

Yeah yeah, GOLD. Whatever.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Magic find doesn't contribute to the chance of magic items dropping in the way people are misinterpreting it to.

It raises the chance, slightly, yes, but what magic find does the most is raise the chance of higher numbers of affixes, and raises the range cap on how good those affixes can be. A player with a capped magic find will most likely see 6 or 7 affixes on almost every item, and has the chance of it rolling in the higher ranges more often, but doesn't stop it from rolling in the lower ranges.

Whether you're in act 1, 2, 3 or 4, does not change the magic item drop rate. All it does is change the chance of the item being an ilevel 61, 62, and 63. In acts 3 and 4, the chance of all ilevel 61+ is the same, which is why most people don't farm act 4 at all - that, and the mob density is laughably low compared to act 3.

Legendaries aren't really what sells for anything, anymore, since the stats on just about every legendary are guaranteed stats, and there are a lot of them out there; The result being that most of them are cheap. There are a select few that are still expensive, because they're ridiculously overpowered; Being two items in particular, Vile Ward and Stormshield. The Set Items are the ones that you really want to drop - they, like legendaries have set stats that don't change, and aren't flexible, and then generally have 1 or 2 random stat chances, which cause the prices to be a little influx. These items go for a lot because they're sets - so you get the bonuses that you wouldn't normally get.

Me, personally, I see a lot of legendaries and set items drop - and it's really, really laughable. My first night back, after four weeks of not playing, resulted in Inna's Temperance dropping (those are monk dps legguards) with a lowest price listing of about 30 million, and they sell consistently.

The chance of a legendary item dropping is roughly 0.001% ( 1 in 100,000 ). It's raised, slightly, by magic find % but not enough to warrant stacking magic find if your goal is to discover more legendaries. The stacking of magic find is so your affixes roll higher, since magic find determines the chance for more affixes, and the chance for higher range affixes, but doesn't guarantee it. The real money is still in finding ridiculous yellow items, since they generally sell for a lot more than legendaries. Myself, I rolled an absolute maximum 7 affix one-handed dagger; maximum speed, maximum LOH, maximum LL, maximum dexterity, maximum vit, 1 socket, maximum damage %, but this is being MF capped, and farming through the night, every day, repeatedly - and it's the first maxed out item I've found. Even at a capped MF, I still find a lot of TERRIBLE items that make me want to vomit and throw my computer. Actually, they may not all be capped stats - but they're pretty darn close.

I farmed act 2 for weeks, even though I could have been farming act 3. It was just a lot faster, and more efficient in act 2.

Well gold is still gold. However, gold depreciates every day and people are raising prices because it's starting to become worth next to nothing.

And with the 1.0.5 patch, I believe some amulets can roll up to ~90% critical damage so I believe our current gear will become less valuable within a few days/weeks of patch release.

Edited by TNGHuntard

• 5 weeks later...

Ctrl+print screen, then open your favorite image editor and paste it there (ctrl+v). Crop the screen capture and save it somewhere on your computer. Then attach it to your post. Boom. Way easier to view than a whole screenshot...

Oh and if you don't see how to attach a file right away, go to the 'Full editor' for making your post.

Edited by Biggs

Yep. The belts don't go for very much; They're probably the cheapest part of the set. If the ability had been bash, rend, or frenzy, it would have been worth something, though.

Biggs, there's two ways to roll out, really.

You can put MF gear on, and do lower dps, and farm on monster power 4 with a capped out magic find, or you could run without MF gear on, do more dps, and run on a much higher monster power to receive the same equivalent MF.

It just depends on how quickly you think you can farm out your paragon levels, but once those are up, you won't need magic find gear, anyway, and higher monster power levels will just be a bonus.

I personally opted for magic find gear, so I farm mp5, and do 41k dps unbuffed, and a little over 120k buffed. But I'm also a monk, so I have a lot of self-buffing spells.

Blizzard set it up this way so you could choose how you wanted to play the game, without being punished.