Killing Floor Server?

ValenAlvern

kfloor.game.nfoservers.com:7707

Server name, gcftw redirect name, etc. forthcoming.

NOTE: DNS may not have propagated so if the link times out, that's why.

Also, this is on the L4D2 server space. Plenty of CPU left to use, not so much memory. If L4D2 get's choppy; this baby goes...

• Like 1

What's that? I can't hear you thru this large pile of money in GC's coffers...

Server up, called it GIBTOWN - GCFTW.COM

Admin for whoever wants it, also feel free to choose a better name. Also I totally forgot this was based on UT2 engine code. Web Admin is straight UT2K4.

Also I learned that even though after the game is installed and NFO says "Hey! Go here for the web admin" they actually don't have it turned on in the ini files. Leads to fun times when both me and the NFO help desk don't know this :spin2:

kfloor.game.nfoservers.com:7707 should always work.

I can get into the admin panel fine, and there is one player in there now so.... I blame you.

And yes, Hard and Long is the new server name apparently.

I think maybe it shows it as not responded during a map change. I'm not entirely sure yet.

(edited)

You cant join games during a map change. To be more specific, the game boots you back to where youu were before you tried to join. So it wont say "Connection Failed" or w/e. At least for me it does this.

Edited by ValenAlvern

• 4 weeks later...

This game is a blast. Pretty much the only thing I've played with any regular frequency over the last year.

If you guys get a server, let me know the IP. I join empty 1UP servers all the time, they have a nice mod set (that shows time played and cash in the scoreboard and highlights individual kills). It'd be WAY better to start up GC servers instead.

• 2 months later...

Anyone still playing?

I started saturday, and at first i was like "Heh, i'm gonna kick a** over here, where are my teammates?" And then there was like "1st wave", and me "where the heck am i?", and then "Trader: Watch out boys!"..... me "Zombies!!" *dead*.

A bit confusing at first, on the third game it was all good.

Oh man! Are there new models to unlock? I might have to hop back in for a bit. Hopefully there's still time left before the event is over. But the Christmas one is my favorite.

On a side note, somebody mentioned that the firebug should get the flamethrower right away. I'd recommend that if you don't have good aim. If you do, the Mac10 is by far the most powerful weapon in the game, and no one will be able to keep up with your kill score. Here's why:

1. The Mac10 is one of 2 or 3 hitscan weapons. The UT2k4 people know what those are - where you aim is exactly where it hits, there's no spread (on the first shot). But that's ok because you want to stay in single-fire mode. With that, you can snipe with it. Yes, snipe with the Mac10.

2. On zeds, it's essentially a one-shot kill. You hit them once (ideally a headshot), and they burn til they drop. You tag one, move onto the next.

3. The clip is very large for a single-fire weapon. You don't have to reload as often as other classes, and can snipe way faster than people with scoped weapons.

4. It's cheap. You can get it on the first or second round. Spend the other money on kevlar, save it, or give it to teammates.

5. You can run and gun with it. Another UT style thing, as soon as you get used to where the exact center of the screen is, you don't even have to hit your aim button. You just fire, and you see where the bullet hits. Maybe you'll be off by a hair or two as you're getting used to it, but before long you can easily clear maps and solo.

So yeah, firebug > all other classes (IMO). :)

Anyone still playing?

I started saturday, and at first i was like "Heh, i'm gonna kick a** over here, where are my teammates?" And then there was like "1st wave", and me "where the heck am i?", and then "Trader: Watch out boys!"..... me "Zombies!!" *dead*.

A bit confusing at first, on the third game it was all good.

I saw you in there when it was full.