Congrats you have just been kicked!

50mhz

Okay so i know that a lot of people have been purchasing the member slots, in wake of "being kicked to make room for a member", and I for one have a beef with this. I have a beef with this in only one way, the kicking of non-paying players should be limited to the end of the round. So many times lately I have playing and been 2 points away from a tank and get kicked, or have had points that I was in the middle of sending someone for them to heal and get kicked. I agree paying members should get what they pay for, but there should be rules to it. It seems unfair to the rest of the team if someone on their team happens to be a non-paying player, but is actually helping the team a lot, has a bunch of points, randomly gets kicked for a paying player to join. I suggest that members should have to wait to at least the end of the current round. Call me a cheapskate or whatever, I can just see the door being open to abuse of this power if there are no rules to it.

• Like 1

I also want this.

I'm a member now but i know how it feels been kicked for slot when you work really hard to help the team. It makes me feel frustrated sometimes. We don't want people getting frustrated.

Since we're on this topic, I think we should be kicking non-members at random instead of based on connection time

The way it is now, the same player can successfully join in multiple times and repeatedly get kicked if no other non-members join after them (because they are connected the least amount of time each time).

Since we're on this topic, I think we should be kicking non-members at random instead of based on connection time

The way it is now, the same player can successfully join in multiple times and repeatedly get kicked if no other non-members join after them (because they are connected the least amount of time each time).

Agree, or the longest one on the server.

Agree, or the longest one on the server.

Can't do longest connected, otherwise people will just rejoin if they're nearing the top of that list

You could just send the points of the guy getting kicked to the member who's doing the kicking.

Would rather not offer incentives for kicking players

The server cant handle more spectate slots? I mean those are designed just for the paying member. How many actual paying members are there? Say there are 30, and they all wanna join the server right before specialk has his two hours..... He still gets burnt...... I just think its polite to wait till the end of the round to kick a player for a member to join. It shouldn't be whoever has the lowest connection time, should be random. If a player is kicked for a member to join, that original players points should be given to the team, whether it survivor or infected.

No, this version of the source engine only supports, at a stable amount, 18 connections at maximum. After that count, it simply increases the instability of the server exponentially with each new connection. Though, I agree, you shouldn't kick based on connection time. It should pick a random non-member and remove them that way. But, I also agree with paying members having priority. Contributions keep communities alive.

You could just send the points of the guy getting kicked to the member who's doing the kicking.

I do like this option. I remember just today, there was an incap, I sent him alllllll my points... next second member join kick, still incapped but now with 0 points. Damn you holo!!!!

I was thinking of having a thing where if someone disconnects and they have points, it would get divided amongst all human players on that team.

I like this. Sometimes for unknown reasons, l4d2 crashes for me. Or I press the godforsaken windows key and it freezes. Goodbye points. How would this work for infected tho? I remember once I had tank money plus change while the rest of my mates were still a ways off from tank and I was waiting for survivors to jump down to car..... crash. If points are evenly distributed in this situation, then the survivors would still run past car unscathed.

Then there are the noob infected who earn points but refuse to ever use them and disconnect while having like 60+ points (accumulated over a loooong round)

Not sure if this is possible but what about bringing someone else who has less points than the person disconnecting to match the disconnecting person's points, then distribute the rest of the points to the other 8 members of the team.

If you're talking purely about survivors tho, then just evenly distribute, they can just !sp

I would like to see points not being destroyed when someone disconnects, as discussed. This is simple to balance for Survivors, just give them away as evenly as possible, but infected is trickier. One of the main game-balancing aspects of the !buy plugin is that the infected have no mechanism to pool their points together.

I think the best solution here might be to just automatically spend points that disconnecting infected players had leftover--if they had enough to buy anything. You can prioritize it to buy tanks first, witches next, and maybe hordes third. Beyond that, I think whatever is leftover should just be tossed out.

Could just pass the points to the player with the least amount of points, this does have a couple problems like points going to a person who doesnt know how to use them... But if they were going to be lost anyways that point is irrelevant. And for a person who kets say just bought a tank they might have 0 points and they might be the one to get the points from the DC'd player... Just a thought

15 dollars = 2 cheap lunches = 3 starbucks drinks = 1 drink at the bar = 12 pack of stellas

DONT BE CHEAP

I do not want to wait 30 mins to get in and play when my playing schedule is only 2 hours.

I gotta agree. There's a reason people buy a membership. Our donations/memberships helps pay for the server. Non-members contribute nothing. If you're not a memeber then this is really a useless argument. Why are we even disucssing this?

On a side note, I know some people like to wait until the round is over but IF THERES TWO OF YOU IN SPEC ONE NEEDS TO JOIN UP OR LEAVE. Not everyone follows your "end-of-the-round" idealogy and you're just hogging spec slots and essentially counter-acting the system Jackie added. Like SK said, some people only have a limited window to play and if it's 22/22 because two members are holding a slot that screws every other paying memeber who wants to play.

Non-members contribute nothing.

Gonna disagree here. We have/had plenty of non-GC-money-contributing regulars (server/forum regulars and sometimes server only). Would we like people to drop dime and chip in? Of course. Money tight, real-life more pressing, etc. Plenty of reasons why people don't make the bump to Contributing Member. Sometimes they are and drop back down and then later come back in. Still around, still fun to play with. Conversely we even have people that haven't really been on the forums or on any GC server in *years* who still re-up every year. Some people never drop dime but still great to have them around.

It's all good.

Now, if someone is a server regular and they are whining about the reserve system all the while not spending $15 to grab a reserve?

Yeah. They need to get a clue.

But a blanket statement of non-members contribute nothing... Ouch, a bit harsh.

I played on the GC UT2K4 server almost exclusively for a few months without a reserve. Non-forum member. I was good. I only ended up joining as I had to come to the forums as I got banned by mistake. Few days later I punched my reserve ticket. It never even occurred to me to check out the community and find out how much reserves cost until then.

Would we like to see all good players (skill, team-play, etc) tossed aside if they aren't Contributing Members? Hope not.

• Like 1

I used to be able to stay in spec peacefully back then before this whole "Kicked for a member" charade started. With the sudden flood of new members joining now, it seems impossible to even stay in spec for more than 5 minutes without getting scolded. When the server isn't full, let's say 18/22 with one slot open on each team, we should be allow to spectate. People can still join and start playing right away. Otherwise, people who afk or spectate when the server is completely full, then yeah, I will take my leave.

• Like 1