Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Aarkovi

Thoughts? Looking to possibly get one in the future, I have a hell of a drive (Currently have an '05 Toyota Rav4) and filling up almost weekly now. Looking for either a hybrid or very good MPG car that doesn't look dumb (leaf/prius), and is fun to drive. Any thoughts/suggestions?

A little research into some fuel efficient cars, I picked the ones you may like. Or at least I would like to have :)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta

2012 Volkswagen Passat

2012 Mazda Mazda3

2013 Hyundai Elantra

2012 Chevy Cruze

2012 Audi A3

2012 Kia Optima Hybrid

2012 Lexus CT 200h

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

These are all the fuel efficient cars that get around the 40 mpg area and look ALOT better than some tiny hybrid green machine.

I pulled most of em up on MSN autos. I wouldn't mind driving any of these for the gas mileage and looks, but for now I'll stick with my 2010 Impreza WRX :) So what I average 24mpg lol

Edited by samurai nightling

VW Tdi diesels are great....awesome fuel mileage, and you would never know that you're driving a diesel. My customers typically get around 42 - 44 mpg. Stutters has one, you can ask him as well.

Hybrids aren't very appealing to me, they don't get a big enough jump in efficiency to be worth it. They require specialized technicians that not all dealerships have, actually, they probably have the minimum required classes for the dealership to be able to sell hybrids. The other major deciding factor is the cost of battery packs, which it WILL need someday....it is not uncommon for them to be in the 5 to 6 THOUSAND dollar range. Electric cars are not nearly a cost effective as they would have you believe.

Not looking to get a donorcycle at all, a husband of a teacher at my mom's school recently got in a horrible accident, lots of skin grafting and months of surgery. As for having a dealership that'll carry them, I live near a lot of high-end dealerships (lambos and such), so if the car is made, I can find a dealer here with it. I'll look into that list, nightling, thank you. Basically I'm driving ~hour commute each way to and from work, moreso with traffic.

Not all bad, I spend about 20 minutes in a canyon road, then another 20-60 minutes driving PCH (pacific coast highway), so just malibu beaches. Granted, it can move slow as hell, and usually overcast in the morning. I use the time to learn Swedish, though I'll probably never have a practical use for it.