Torchlight II - Anticipation Mode

ValenAlvern

Major Edit:

I want to get this out of the way, since this isnt in any post yet

There will be New Game (1st time through), New Game + (2nd Playthrough) and New Game ++ (3rd and Final Time).

You CAN NOT play with each other unless in the same playthrough. (i.e: Player is 65 in New Game +, can not play with Level 1 Newbie, as to stop power leveling...or what I assume so) So start New Game + are your own risk.

Minor Edit:

Doesnt matter what difficulty you make your character on, you can change it at any time. Hardcore can only play with Hardcore.

So Character made in Easy can play in a Character in Hard, but Character Easy Hardcore can not play with Character Hard

EDIT:

RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 20, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH_sGQRSpzo

Not a Blog V ; Runic Games today released information on how far their into the development of Gold Master of Torchlight 2. (Gold Master of a game pretty much means "The version we are gonna sale to you" or in laymen terms, it works).

Now I cant find the official source, but there is either 3 or 4 Acts to this game in total (Again, unsure.), and from the blog next week they hope to finish up another character and touch up Act 3 all the way. So Torchlight 2 could be coming out from the 20th to sometime early September if all things keep going smoothly.

Previous "Not a Blog Redux" posts

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IIII

Now whose has a Pre-Order (or is gonna buy it) and what class are you gonna pick for your first character, and which difficulty will you start on?

Since I love the crap out of generic melee...Im going with generic melee Berserker. I usually go with the hardest mode.

EDIT 1 [7-18-2012]

Not a Blog VI

New blog update, they changed how skills work, well putting points into them. In beta they were tiered and now, it seems they're not anymore. Each class now has 7 skills active skills and 3 passive per type, making 30 skills per class. The skills themselves are now tiered and provide extra abilities, this could make for even more customization than most action-rpgs that just boost the effects via percentage.

This is looking to be quite promising of a game, heck and I thought the game would be ready soon after the beta they had, but they learned from Blizzards mistakes.

Next Weekend they should be finishing up Acts III and IV. and from the sounds of this blog they're done with classes it seems.

Edited by ValenAlvern

Will we get a Vent channel for T2? Will it be in the same style as Diablo 3? Since you can have 6 players in Multiplayer, we'd probably only need 2 at most. When will the spell-check for Browsers see Multiplayer as a word and not as an error?

What will the game plan be? I am up for waiting on a few people the day of the release(Hope it's midnight release like a few games I per-ordered in the past). If its a Midnight release/Unlock prepare to be up by 9pm Pacific/12am Eastern or 12am Pacific/3am Eastern, if it unlocks at Valve time it'll probably be 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern

[When will the spell-check for Browsers see Multiplayer as a word and not as an error?

You know you can add the word, however you feel like spelzing it, to your browser dictionary.

Of course, that still won't change the fact that the Chrome spell check has to be the worst thing Google has ever produced.

Made a Steam group for those who have (aka currently pre-purchased) the game. Personally I like making/using groups instead of say adding people on my friends list to see if people are playing the game and either join them or whatever (i.e Alternative Friends List).

Worked well when Borderlands 1 first started.

http://steamcommunit...orchlightIIcrew

EDIT: You can think of it also as an unofficial GC Torchlight 2 Official Group, fufufufufufufu~ (EDITCEPTION: 'fufufufufu' is laughing)

Edited by ValenAlvern

http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc?i=1#c8WRBO

Someone made a Skill Calculator, dont know if offical or someone had gotten a press release version *which lets youu play the whole game*.

Runic is still continually updating the game on Steam, since the pre-load "updates" every now and again. Nothing is set in stone for the Current Skill Calculator yet.