The spectator issue.

DiscoPanda

we have alot of members that play on the server so if you want a spot on the server i would suggest paying for it. otherwise you pretty much wont get to play. if you do get to and the server is full and a member is trying to join you will be kicked for that spot if you were the last one in the server as a non member.

we have alot of members that play on the server so if you want a spot on the server i would suggest paying for it. otherwise you pretty much wont get to play. if you do get to and the server is full and a member is trying to join you will be kicked for that spot if you were the last one in the server as a non member.

This pretty much. Your best shot is to get lucky and pray for a server crash.

Every time I join I think I can play. But, no. I keep getting put into the spectator mode and it kickes me because I'm not an admin. Is there any way you can fix this?

P.S - This got me banned yesterday.

You shouldn't be banned for this. You may get kicked by an admin if you are a nonmember in spec and members want to join

Every time I join I think I can play. But, no. I keep getting put into the spectator mode and it kickes me because I'm not an admin. Is there any way you can fix this?

P.S - This got me banned yesterday.

You shouldn't be banned for this. You may get kicked by an admin if you are a nonmember in spec and members want to join

Well it did.

Not sure Panda gets the difference between a kick and a ban, as this is the second time with the same misinterpretation.

A kick means you are disconnected from the server but can rejoin immediately (what has happened to you on 2 occasions)

A ban means you have been disconnected from the server and are not able to rejoin the server for a specified period of time, typically denominated in minutes or days. (What you keep saying has happened to you)

Not sure Panda gets the difference between a kick and a ban, as this is the second time with the same misinterpretation.

A kick means you are disconnected from the server but can rejoin immediately (what has happened to you on 2 occasions)

A ban means you have been disconnected from the server and are not able to rejoin the server for a specified period of time, typically denominated in minutes or days. (What you keep saying has happened to you)

"You are banned from this server." I am very sure that this means I was banned.

(edited)
] "You are banned from this server." I am very sure that this means I was banned.

Not necessarily. If you've been kicked for whatever reason, the game puts a hardcoded timer in which during said time it will say "you are banned from this server" where you can't reconnect, it's something like 5 minutes or so. I've had this issue happen to me at a different server.

Given that your name doesn't show up on sourcebans around yesterday (assuming discopanda is your steam name) then, it's probably the above situation. If that's true then none of the admins here "banned" you, just that you got the short stick and l4d2 decided you couldn't rejoin right away.

edited: my tinkle poor grammar.

Edited by direkt