Tips on stayng alive in Inferno on Act II (Wizard)

Garychios

I have been playing with a Wizard now. I am a level 60 +3. I have DPS of 33,000. I really like the wizard the best.

I have about 60% reduction on all elements. I have bought the weapons and armor for the most part because I cant seems to get goodies. I also have a 65% chance on finding rare items. I usually have the best DPS and best armor with the public guys I play with in act I and act II. I die the least etc, but lately has been bad.

I am trying to get to the higher acts in Inferno to get the better goodies, But the last two runs in act II have cost me well over 240K in repairs.

I would like to know what I can do to make my Wizard more resilient (sp?). The game can be fun at times when lots of good players play, but I am not making much money on the magic items, and I have only picked up less than a handfull of rare items which were not worth anything.

Regards

-Gary A

Edited by Garychios

My DH doesn't have a lot of survivability in late Act II either, and I'm guessing the "pros" here will tell you your gear isn't good enough let. LOTS of All Resist and LOTS of vitality are required to be able to take a few hits without dying. The trick is not killing your DPS at the same time. I have not purchased any equipment for my DH, save for one chest piece, because I don't have the gold for it. The really good stuff is all 10mil+ on the AH.

I have not played a Wizard myself, but it is my understanding that they have armor boosting abilities as well as damage reduction abilities, which I'm guessing help tremendously.

If you're a wizard, your best bet is to go for life leech. If your dps is high enough, life leech is a lot better than life on hit, and it'll shoot your survivability through the roof. Unfortunately, a really good life leech weapon will cost you 20m+

If anyone wants to play diablo 3, just hit me up in game. My partner and I usually duo, but we're always interested in well-geared players to bring into our group.