Name change

MikeHawk

Chick from gcftw server told me that admin's say that I need to change my name.

Just want to ask if it's really bothering the community that much.

Otherwise I'll rather have Mike Hawk for my name as it would anyone would keep their original name that they kept forever.

thank you for your time

mikehawk

It didn't bother me cause I always saw it as just mike but then one night i heard my husband (admin) and few others debating the name and I thought they were joking until they pointed it out. And until last night when people where saying Mike Hawk it sounded like my c^ck, that's when it all made sense.

Its not that it's blanetly offensive cause not everyone will see it like me I had to be told but then you get it and say is that gc appropriate?

And until last night when people where saying Mike Hawk it sounded like my c^ck, that's when it all made sense.

Woah, woah, woah. What?? Who is that perverted?

How is it perverted when that is how it sounded. And for the record I never had a problem with it neither do the admins like I said in that pm to you mike they were on the fence about it.

I don't honestly care either way but mike had it that way for a reason I just let him know there is that chance someone might say something.

I just want to clarify my conversation with mike so no one thinks I was trying to play admin or be a go between with admins.

Last night during passing a few people kept saying mikes full name to sound like myc**k.

So I sent mike a message saying hey did you know your name sounds like _____. And he said really lol jk I know.

So I told him that an admin might ask him to change it because of that and that they had talked about it in the past so just a heads up.

That's it. I never said it bothered me, or that he had to change it or that an admin said he had to change it.

I honestly just called him mike, and I don't want anyone to get the wrong ideal of what really happened in that pm. I honestly sent it to him in the mindset that he didnt know it kinda sounded that way.

Edited by chick82

Just want to ask if it's really bothering the community that much.

Otherwise I'll rather have Mike Hawk for my name as it would anyone would keep their original name that they kept forever.

thank you for your time

mikehawk

I'm pretty sure mike with how perverted the server is and how we all tend to group think....this would have come up before.

Nvr thought about it until you posted. ignore it. you and tonerboner can both be free to be who you are, noobs

At work I received an order from someone named Mike Hunt. Guy didn't put his name in as Michael Hunt, just Mike Hunt. People with names exist whether you have a dirty mind about it or not.

Either way I enjoy playing with MikeHawk, he's OK in my book!

Honestly, I don't even see how it could even be an argument. It's like banning Dick Cheney from politics because of his first name. His name isn't offensive...and why should he be banned from politics just because people think about male genitalia when they see his first name? I mean...Neopets has even allowed me to name a pet MikeHawk and MikeHunt...and that's a family-friendly website. Certainly a server on a mature game wouldn't have an issue with someone with the name "MikeHawk" or "MikeHunt" if Neopets can. To me, there's no question. It's just an innocent name, and anyone who thinks of it differently is choosing to view it as corrupted.

That is it!!!!!!!! I NEVER had a problem with it NEITHER did ANY ADMINS they had "talked about it". And Tirtul and session pointed out mikes name to me and even then i really disnt get it, until the other night when a few ppl kept saying it that's when I was like ohhh I get. It now.

mikehawk

This goes beyond being okay with me. I'm seriously offended that what I said was taken so out of context.

I was trying to be a friend when I pmed mike, and the first words I said to him were infact "do you know your name sounds like this".

And like I told him he might stress that word MIGHT have to change it, and I know a few admins had brought it up. That's it! There was never a moment when I said you have to change your name, I never said it bothered anyone.

So if I could take it back I would because I didn't know it would turn into this stupid thread and secondly can we just lock it and drop it cause honestly I'm tired of the private pm's on steam because of this.