New GC Minecraft Server Inbound

Flitterkill

Whether it's griefers with dynamite or we are just running up against our VDS server limits with the other game servers on them, or we just need to space/overhead for the next L4D2 server - doesn't matter.

Separate MC server now exists. Being created now. At the moment 10 players. We can go larger if needed. Not a problem.

Aside from the usual requests for white listing and security, do you guys need/want the current world kept?

It won't be deleted of course, someone could paste in the bits of the world as wanted later.

Just curious if you want to explore again.

IP/Address forthcoming, etc...

I would love my area still, I've spent quite a bit of time and still had a lot of ideas I wanted to add to it. But I know what happened the last time I asked for some area of the last map and I'm just not going to worry too much about it. If someone wants to add in my dwelling that would be great, but if not then I probably will not be playing on a new map. I'm kind of sick of starting over, I like my memories to come back to hehe.

I think I'm leaning towards keeping what we have. The map isn't too huge yet, imo, plus there were quite a few people with some big projects (DF and amertrash come to mind). If the consensus is new map + add in individual stuff, then I'm fine without my stuff being added in.

*edit

I just logged back in for the first time in many months, and was happy to see my place was as I left it. There were, however, many signs posted throughout my house from someone who had stumbled upon it. Judging by the nether portal that was in the middle of the house, I'm guessing someone may have portaled themselves there by chance.

I also forgot about my sweet enchanted tools.

I would like to keep this map if possible.

Edited by boiler

GC Board Member

Grand ole' time with NFO :)

1 - Hey, can you guys just push our world to the new server?

2 - No, but you can with a server-to-server FTP (FXP) transfer.

3 - Really? Groovy. I'll do that.

4 - Time passes, errors, dialogue, errors, etc...

5 - "It may be something I need to check on, I could of swore FXP was enabled for all of our FTP's but it could just be our webhosting accounts."

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh....

Gonna be a bit more time. Looks like I'm pushing a 1 gig zipped world file tonight over my glorious Comcast connection (fantastic downs, not so much for ups)

EDIT: "I am clarifying with our CEO now, however since we did have some off information I will go ahead and make the transfer for you.

Transfer has been completed and you should be ready to import your world.zip."

A few people have spent a lot of time on some major projects and unless they are ok with loosing there stuff then I say keep the current map, can always destroy all your old stuff and wonder off to a unexplored area to make it feel like your starting a new map. :D

+1 for whitelist.

Parts of the map is griefed beyond repair. I say start the server with a new map...

Let me at it, I'll fix it.