3.3.4 GC Forums

Flitterkill

NOTE: Still pushing up backgrounds. There are more than three... Also, not sure why the background for the div segments is missing from the view new content page. Looking into it View New Content patched.

------------------------------------------

The truth is, I kinda took an hour or so and ate some food and watched some football. So, took a little bit longer than it should have.

My bad.

Off we go...

1) Bigger avatars.

120px wide. You can upload larger stuff on your profile page. The forums will resize as needed. You can also crop when you upload the image.

2) Xbox/Steam/Battletag hovers/links beneath avatars.

Just look to the left at mine (I have no idea who Joe is - not me...). Just add the needed info on your profile page and they will appear. None, one, all, whatever. The Xbox and Steam buttons will not only bring up a hovercard displaying your info when you hover your cursor over the buttons, but clicking through will kick you to your respective Xbox and/or Steam profile pages. The Battletag button is just an image title hover for the time being. There isn't a unified Blizzard community profile thingy. You'll have to make do with just your Battletag popping up.

Playstation and Wii are doable - if the demand is there I'll make it happen.

3) Graphical Tweaks.

Member category icons you see underneath your avatar have been font altered. No big change there. I have improved the "view new content" link and the background picker icon to be much more visible. Yes, you can change the backgrounds here if you didn't already know that. Graphics next to the server monitors have been tweaked. Online in the forums bit is dithered green. Wow right? Uh... probably some other stuff too.

EDIT: A lot of changed graphics have the same name as before. You'll need a forced page refresh or wait for your cache to recycle before they show up.

4) Featured Content.

On the board index. Can't be missed. You'll try to ignore it... but you can't. So don't.

5) Xbox mod out, Gallery and Chat back.

The Xbox community mod. Great idea, had 20 or so people put their stuff in, and.... that's about it. Not getting anywhere the use out of it we should. So out. Gallery is back. Mainly to serve as a FFO photo archive but it's wide open. Have fun. 5 person chat active as well. If there is demand we can easily open it up to more users.

6) Corner Graphics.

See that graphic in the upper right of this post? I've got the Galaga high score. That graphic reminds you of that. If there are other "king of the hill" things you can think of I've got room for more of these things. Might have a corner badge for forum mods. Maybe. You want that Galaga one? Beat my high score. There can be only one. BTW, there will be a forums/etc. achievements awards thingy showing up "soon". Will be underneath your forum avatar. Just not now.

7) Store has Gifting.

I need to clean some stuff up there but yes, you can gift other members store credit now. Which is good because people just buying memberships for others is a giant pain in the...

8) Usual Speed Improvements.

Etc., yadda, blither... Aren't there always speed improvements? Do any software companies promote software bloating and slowdowns?

9) New Backgrounds.

Self explanatory.

10) Obligatory Bug and Still Tweaking Bullet Point.

II'm still putzing with some stuff. If you see any obvious bugs or things I've missed let me know. I know that board index sidebar block that announces the last few forum joins has had its formatting borked. Same with the Member Map popups. Post prefixes need some love. On my punch list.

• Like 1

What is the point of the battletag? It does not give a link like the others (I didn't expect it too since there is no profile system) Should it be changed just to show the battletag?

Yeah maybe instead of that we can link BF3 tags?