Flitterkill

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Board Member

Zima forever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSfBaVMViz8&feature=related

Also locking the hotel down in the next day or two.

Talked to an Akron location just now. Cheaper! Larger! Zero food constraints! No bar...

(Here it comes...)

Any alcohol requires security per hour @ $24/hour provided by off-duty cops.

GC Board Member

Place in Akron is near the airport. Commonly used by airline pilots, etc.

Events held at this place in the past with alc. have gotten out of hand so to speak.

Place has no bar or restaurant facilities. Just rooms, a pool, and a large amount of meeting space.

The end result is you bring your own booze, fine. But, alc. in the meeting space must be accompanied by paid security, designated by hotel, which in this case are off-duty officers, @ $24/hour. Just one security guy is needed. I suppose I should run numbers. We could probably get the meeting space open from 8am to 2am, figure officer from 4pm to 2am, so 10 hours, Friday and Saturday... Hmm, $480. Would give us a ton of freedom re: food/drink with the limitation of the drink part being limited to 4pm to 2am. I wonder if the savings on the space are enough to warrant looking at this...

GC Board Member

No, just that if it was held at the Akron location, any alc (that includes beer) would have to have a security presence in the meeting space.

You'd still be free to do what you want in your own room.

At the Hudson location, if you acquire your alc. from the hotel bar, you are allowed to have it in the meeting space. Otherwise you'd again be free to drink in your own room *or* in the hospitality area we would have alongside the meeting space. But otherwise no alc. in the meeting space.

EDIT: Interesting. Financially viable. Could people actually manage not drinking between 8am and 4pm? Hmmm...

Its 1000 kilometers from where i am ... about 11 hours ! but my mom is so awesome that she said MAYBE she'd come with Axxar and I (and my dad and sis) and she and the others would do something else while Axxar and I will be at the fragfest :3

I don't drink but even I think 8am to 4pm is crazy early to start drinking.

What is the penalty like of drinking without the officer around? Of course I'm not suggesting breaking the rules or anything, I'm just curious. Do they put your picture up and bar you for life? No pun intended.

GC Board Member
we can all just go out to a restaurant or bar for food & drinks, can we?

Well, naturally, anytime.

Either it's gonna be the same as previous hotel years with all food/drink sequestered in the hospitality room, more or less, or at Akron we would have free reign for food and non-alc. drinks with zero restrictions. Alc/beer would only be allowed between 4pm and 2am. Again, self provided, but with the security component in the form of an officer friendly just hanging out (and probably rocking games :) ) Apart from those hours you'd just keep it in your room.

I need firmer numbers from Akron first. Initially I heard the cost of security and considered it a deal breaker. I didn't actually run some numbers until this evening and then I was like - wait a minute now...

The more I think about this the more Akron appeals to me. Distance to various foods is super close, golf course directly opposite the hotel. Stuff to think about.

The penalty for no security with drinking? I dunno. Contract breakage I imagine.

Another advantage (or disadvantage...) is with no bar for people to go hide at it will keep everyone in the main room gaming and interacting as well.

I think in 2007, there was a "if you're underage and caught drinking, you're gone" rule.

Plus, if there is going to be a big number, name badges would be a must. Could have them color-coded for above or below 21, and there would be a requirement to wear them inside the LAN at all times. We have had people in the past who weren't a part of the LAN just waltz in before so if they're not wearing a name badge or wearing a FragFest shirt, they would have to be removed from the LAN immediately to avoid potential theft of property or any other unwanted events.

I think in 2007, there was a "if you're underage and caught drinking, you're gone" rule.

Plus, if there is going to be a big number, name badges would be a must. Could have them color-coded for above or below 21, and there would be a requirement to wear them inside the LAN at all times. We have had people in the past who weren't a part of the LAN just waltz in before so if they're not wearing a name badge or wearing a FragFest shirt, they would have to be removed from the LAN immediately to avoid potential theft of property or any other unwanted events.

Yeah, like that crazy drunk girl.

Yeah, like that crazy drunk girl.

Wait was she at FFO '10? I think I remember her! Possibly because I may have been drunk as well. :)

I don't drink but even I think 8am to 4pm is crazy early to start drinking.

What is the penalty like of drinking without the officer around? Of course I'm not suggesting breaking the rules or anything, I'm just curious. Do they put your picture up and bar you for life? No pun intended.

Wine in a can?

tumblr_ly292blH6k1qzwmb4o1_500.jpg