Simcity

amertrash

Things I noticed that I like:

Easy to tell where zones will be along a road. Power and water goes along the roads, so no more power lines or pipes. Customizable buildings. Nice looking Day/Night cycle. Feels like a lot more information is presented up front. Simctiy always had a lot of graphs and overlays you could look at it but it's nice some of it while you're constructing, such as the police station.

I assume since they got rid of heavy/medium zones they are dynamic depending on how popular the zones are.

(edited)

I assume since they got rid of heavy/medium zones they are dynamic depending on how popular the zones are.

Good point - I would hope not as zone density changes your infrastructure significantly in SimCity 4.

Also, SimCity2K *ruled* - it was really laid a lot of the features of the whole series, SimCity just wasn't advanced enough. If you haven't played SimCity 4 I'd highly recommend it, just make sure you have nVidia video and a nice machine, when the large plots start getting over a million people you need some serious horsepower.

Edited by amertrash

I love how you can see each individual citizen, click on them and see what they're doing and what they want. I hope they can let you rename Sims like you could in SimTower. Seems like railroads are more streamlined as well.

Really looking forward to this as I didn't really like Simcity 4. Just seemed like they overcomplicated it since Simcity 3000.

The only thing that bothers me about any city building game is the road widths. If you build a small city that becomes popular over time you have to upgrade the roads at some point. If your starter roads are 1 block width and the upgraded ones are 2 you have to demolish like, miles of 1 tile so you can replace the whole road with the wider one. In SimCity 4 is meant houses/companies that took more than one block had to be demolished and special buildings like hospitals and schools had to be moved over, was a huge pain. But of course, I see no way to not make it like that.

• 2 months later...

Neber played sims in my life, but this one is looking damn hot and promising especially multiplayer feature. Who wants to be my neighbor?.. Nobody?.. Ok...

I'll be your neighbour, but i'll sue if you make too much noise.

Also i want damages paid for noise caused by your construction sites.

Edited by TheDude