Simcity

amertrash

I think Diablo 3 still holds that title.

Diablo 3's release was horrendous, but it only lasted maybe a few days at most. I don't even own this game and I heard of all the issues with SimCity from my buddies at work. All I can say is that I agree with JC that this is the worst game launch in history. Diablo 3 might be up there because of it's popularity among gamers, and it affected more people, but at least Blizz fixed the main issue right away.

Valen you do have a point, but I think you're also adding in the fact that Diablo 3 bombed after the first couple months it was out. Most of that was due to progressive patch releases that had features that were promised when the game was released, like PvP.

The auction house destroyed that game, but it wasn't a glitch as much as it was just features like the real-money AH that were promised but not released right away. On top of the over-priced items and low drop rates.

SimCity on the other hand flat out doesn't work...which is way worse than Diablo 3's release.

So, i am curious from the list of free games provided by *poopty* EA ? Which one are you all getting....

• Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

P.S. Btw did you know, the CEO of EA resigned....HA!

Edited by Avengers

The SimCity release may have been the nail in the coffin but it certainly isn't the biggest reason Riccitiello is resigning. Spending $200 million to create a Star Wars branded World of Warcraft clone is the biggest failing by EA in years, going from 1.7 million subscribers to below 1 million within the first 4 months and Free-to-Play within a year of release. EA's stock dropped 10% when they said how many subscribers they lost.

I got Dead Space 3. I already have BF3, ME3 (xbawks), Medal of Honor (thanks lousiest), don't care for Need For Speed.

Think I'm with you on this one. Going to pick Dead Space 3, even though never played 1 or 2. I have BF3 and ME3 and don't really care about the other choices. I was hoping they'd let me pick a DLC or two for BF3. Oh well, free is free. Edited by Girlzilla

Not anymore.

BTW, the browser on SimCity is absolute garbaaaage.

That's the browser on Origin and yes agreed. Also when a friend messages you, I have to alt+tab to read in even though i have origin in game enabled. Compared to Steam, its absolute garbaaaaaaaaage...

Edited by Avengers

Not anymore.

BTW, the browser on SimCity is absolute garbaaaage.

That's the browser on Origin and yes agreed. Also when a friend messages you, I have to alt+tab to read in even though i have origin in game enabled. Compared to Steam, its absolute garbaaaaaaaaage...

Steam, 2003. Origin, 2011.

• 6 months later...

Epic bump time!

I've been playing a lot of Simcity the past couple of weeks, I honestly love this game. They fixed a lot of the problems it had at launch. What still sucks is that the game could be so much better (larger maps, one way streets, expressways and subways come on EA).

Went ahead and demolished my old city in the GC #2 region and completely rebuilt it. I'm trying to simulate expressways with bridges, but its not working out so well xD