Sneak Peek MIP Canyon

turnbullTeRRoR

Working on Canyon. I want to make this one good so It'll be a while I'm not going to rush.

Here is how she looks so far though I'm not sure everything will stay as it is in these screen shots but you get the idea. Lighting and skybox will not the be same in fact Its gonna have a 3d skybox. Some textures will change and I will focus on sectioning off the map so there won't be sooo many open spaces to render at 1 time

de_canyongomipwatertrial0003.jpgde_canyongomipwatertrial0004.jpgde_canyongomipwatertrial0005.jpgde_canyongomipwatertrial0007.jpg

• Like 1

Original routes will remain though more seperated than the CSS version.

New Route added in the middle canyon where you can go under the dam as you can see in Screen shot 1 and 2 .

This should help CTS ability to roll over to site A (Crack in Dam wall) something that was a struggle in CSS version.

Site B- complex roof and Window access will change. FIrst off instead of 3 windows there is only 1 open. Window will no be accessible from tower any more since the tower top is covered. I'm considering cutting out roof access entirely.

CT' Spawn has moved a little closer to bombsites and the Complex is not as high up as it was in CSS.

GC Alumni
(edited)

I've decided roof top access via boost only.

Also thinking roof top access will only be good for protecting bomb and entry into site. So rest of map will not be viewable from roof top...maybe not sure about that yet.

Now for some GC input do you like the sandy bottomed floor(in first post) or the aztec swamp texture here- de_canyongomip1az30000.jpgde_canyongomip1az30001.jpgde_canyongomip1az30002.jpg

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

yeah well the aztec is a blend texture I"m not sure if you can tell but I blended along the water line more muddy and higher up its more green. Now that I look at it you can't really tell because your viewpoint is mostly in the shadowed portion. The main Valley floor in picture 3 has the same swamp texture but its not got the mud blended yet so we will see. I will be smoothing the floor in the first picture in my last post so it wont be that much taller than the water flow. I envisioned this as a lock and dam so I may go back and make the actual gate/ ways between dams much larger like for ships to pass through heh that may be a lot of work. I don't know if I'll ever get a map good enough to go viral on CSGO servers but I"m shooting for it! I just want to produce a uniquely laid out map that its functional, fun, and looks pretty good. I've never made a 3d skybox but its pretty much a must for this map and I gotta figure out my problem making radars. I'll keep this updated and I'm open for suggestions. Thanks for you input!

GC Alumni
(edited)

I am tweaking for site A "dam repair area" First off most maps have fairly closed in bomb sites where as canyons site A is open so I"m thinking about cutting down on the visable areas that you have a line of fire into site.

#1 CT spawn- tunnel/cave to A

#2 Site B to A stairs and Middle dam to A

#3 Over look- ( thinking about closing this off like its shuttered or something)

#4 This middle dam upper ( allows a lot of sniping opts really considering walling this off)

#5 middle dam under pass

#6 T spawn to A

As you can see the site is open and I think this is just way to much shooting angles so I'm thinking about closing out 3 and 4. Also rush times have not changed from the CSS version CTs and Ts reach the A floor at the same time(#1 and #6). Also site B outer yard are at the same time. Would you rather CT's get a second or two more to pre-occupy A? Opinions wanted!

de_canyongomip50003numerals.jpg

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

GC Alumni
(edited)

Reminds me of site A on de_piranesi... except on piranesi there is that large box to plant behind. Maybe you can have some cover in the site for whoever is in there?

Edited by Biggs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
GC Alumni

CT Spawnde_canyongo80000.jpg

Side yard of Bde_canyongo80002.jpg

Outside of B de_canyongo80001.jpg

cat walk/ mid area from Tspawn to B window de_canyongo80003.jpg

T Spawn de_canyongo80004.jpg

Overview of T spawn de_canyongo80005.jpg

path to A site from T spawn de_canyongo80006.jpg

A site T side de_canyongo80007.jpg

A site from CT sidede_canyongo80008.jpg

Upper mid exit/ CT spawn to a/ Tower Overlook de_canyongo80009.jpg

Overview de_canyongo80010.jpg

Dramatic view *swoons* de_canyongo80011.jpg

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

• 2 weeks later...

Finacially doubt I will make it out to Ohio lol heck I'm too tight right now to even buy a GC membership. I've got a good job, my wife however is waitressing and and I have 2 small children and all the bills. If fact I only have internet now because I make OT from the house that pays for it. Yes alot times when I'm dead between rounds I'm doing paper work lol. Gaming and getting paid!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
GC Alumni
(edited)

Canyon is gonna still be a little while in the making. I've done more play testing and its just gonna be to laggy/ resource hogging the way its set up now. I'm going to have to make some compromises/cuts to the map/ less Mountainous Terrain (displacements) Cuz no matter how I've sectioned them off the large areas they contain have huge FPS drops. Don't worry my good peoples I have a plan! :)

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR