Pint glasses - we have those.

Flitterkill

GC Board Member

Friday 445pm update:

Store soon to be reopened, cleaning a few things, removing 2co.

Stripe good to go. GC gets more money. Hooray!

Now, for the bad news. Though I get it. Don't like it but I get it.

FedEx integration with our storefront. Works spiffy. You'll have access to Overnight, 2-day or whatever, and Ground/Home. Choose what you want. Your dime at cost of shipping + $1 for packaging (tee-shirts will be dead cheap for packaging and shipping).

The annoyance? Getting rolling with FedEx web services (their end, we're good with the forums) means after all the test api stuff is done you move to the production side: new keys, etc.

It unfortunately also means they manually look over stuff and then have you print out test shipping labels and verify the labels are correct (bar codes, etc)

That means emails, and sending them pdfs and ....

Blah.

I had no idea - all I saw in IPB was enter your stuff and have FedEx turn on a few things for you.

Being Friday complicates matters. Tuesday at the earliest. No later than the end of the week though.

I'm as sorry as you; I've got boxes crashing my living room. Was hoping to have had a few of them gone by now.

GC Board Member

Update 10/30 evening:

IPB is a bit perplexed about what FedEx is having me do to get rolling. If I were to guess I'd say they are making me do the stuff IPB did when they integrated FedEx services in the software.

So that's getting ironed out but also a strange bug with Nexus / our server is getting resolved. Fun times.

GC Board Member

Soon. Tackled the bug with some help from IPB identifying it and yermother fixing it (to be safe rather than I and then having the web server crash)

Call to fedex tomorrow to resolve the last annoyance, and perhaps order smaller boxes (dimensional shipping... blah)

But yes, home stretch

EDIT:

Thursday Evening update.

I am a magnet for Nexus bugs. Now I can't get past shipping options. It keeps looping back to the same page.

This was supposed to be easy...

Sooooo thirsty!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Beer!!

Here in portland I have fallen in love with a Micro called Hop Czar....so awesome and like 9.5% Ya buddy!!!

Any update filter?

GC Board Member

Step One: Contact FedEx, sign up for api service. Get test and production api keys.

Step Two: Set up IPB.Nexus to use FedEx shipping.

Step Three: Read during setup that I should ask FedEx to turn on specific x, y, and z services on my account.

Step Four: Contact FedEx to do just that.

Step Five: Two of three services activated. Told by FedEx the final service activation requires test shipping labels printed and sent to them for approval.

Step Six: Attempt to do that, encounter errors, contact IPB to resolve stuff.

Step Seven: Resolve some stuff, encounter problem doing the labels.

Step Eight: Contact FedEx to see if all services are turned on so I can do the labels. Told nope, gotta use test keys for test labels.

Step Nine: Learn IPB.nexus sends all FedEx api calls to FedEx production servers.

Step Ten: Re-read Step Nine. Ponder the mysteries of the universe.

Step Eleven: Begin drinking, ponder more mysteries including how anyone can use FedEx integration with Nexus if it can never send calls to the FedEx test servers...

So, we wait while I watch a slow motion logic crash occur between IPB and FedEx.

If this goes on any longer I'll just do it the hard way (by hand...)

GC Board Member

Just so you understand the fun I've apparently created, the IPB developers are now working with FedEx directly.

Good times.

If this does go on much longer, I will get these up, probably set shipping as east of the Miss river, west of, Canada, and International - and they would all be separate items in thestore. So that's not a nightmare...

GC Board Member

If I was a betting man, I'd say it has "something" to do with the way FedEx changed the api stuff. They didn't necessarily change the API but they did change how people get full approval to it and IPB hasn't got caught up on that yet, leaving me/us in a no-man's land. They probably recognize if I'm hitting a brick wall, other people will soon hit said brick wall so it has to get fixed one way or another.

GC Board Member

Step Twelve: Get Tier 3 support at IPB to talk to FedEx Web Services.

Step Thirteen: Wait.

Step Fourteen: Eventually get a reply saying go to this IPB webpage, enter your test credentials, hit their test servers, then call to enable the needed services.

Step Fifteen: Do that.

Step Sixteen: Get reply from FedEx that yes, you hit our test servers, still need to print test labels, which of course IPB can't do.

Step Seventeen: Get confirmation of this from FedEx web services guy who interacted with IPB.

Step Eighteen: Wonder if IPB was trying to somehow game the FedEx system rather than solve the problem.

Step Nineteen: Resume drinking...

GC Board Member

Well, here it is.

IPB is not alone.

The FedEx changes altering how they permit the use of their new Web Services division (formerly web api) were pretty big. And it all went down starting this summer. It appears on the IPB end I was the first to start a new FedEx account and try to use the IPB.Nexus integration since that happened. Previous users of Nexus that had already been using FedEx would see no change as their accounts were grandfathered in as approved already.

Other internet shopping cart providers (Zen cart, others) and the shipping plugins that were produced for them all have had the same impact - that being that unless the developer went through a rather substantial approval process to shield their customers from much of the account approval process everyone would have to print out test labels and so on to get FedEx working.

So with IPB.Nexus here's where it is at:

1) They could hack/cludge a temp solution on thier own website allowing people to "produce" the labels using our own test credentials and then send us pdf files of the shipping labels for us to then submit to FedEx. Bad idea if FedEx gets wind of it as a run-around of their new rules.

Also, they want *all* the labels. Every. Possible. Shipping. Variation. 1-day, 1-day AM, 1-day PM, and on and on and on.

2) Enable the capability of hitting the test servers within IPB.Nexus. This involves secure soap files or something. I dunno. This could happen soon-ish? Maybe? I've seen Zen Cart plugins that have FedEx test server capability so certainly doable. I'd and all other IPB customers would still have to print and scan all those shipping labels as we would be responsible for getting our FedEx account approved.

3) IPB joins the new FedEx developer whatever whatever. This will probably happen. This will also take time. Weeks minimum my bet. Once that happens IPB is "approved" and people wouldn't have to do the label nonsense anymore.

Let me mull over pricing for shipping and I'll get these up in the store in a few days. Can't wait any more.

• Like 1

Seems ridiculous you have to provide every shipping variation, but I guess that ensures the final consumer has all those shipping options available when the store item is purchased.

So when this is all set up, can we get 1-day shipping on coalition memberships?