Rank reset please!

KorbenDallas

As of right now it is impossible to move up any significant amount in the ranks. I keep seeing the same people in the top10 everytime I check. It would be nice to actually have a fair shot at the first place. Now, I know that some of you want to keep your rank cuz you earned it, but that's what levels are for. We can keep the levels to show how far someone has progressed and we should reset the ranks so that we can all compete for the top spots. So my idea is to reset the ranks every so often, for example once a year or every 6 months or whatever. What do you think?

I know rank doesnt affect anything but I would appriciate it if I could at least have a shot at the first place....

I don't even have a shot at rank 1, even with a stat reset. Maestro has some pretty intense gaming sessions, I seen him go 7 hours once.

A different rank would be nice, something like per month ranking would be a good way to increase competition. Because we can all agree we will never reach or even surpass Maestro's rank!

I don't even have a shot at rank 1, even with a stat reset. Maestro has some pretty intense gaming sessions, I seen him go 7 hours once.

Yeah, well I stay in spec once for more than that. Believe it or you can ask Jackie to prove it!

Edited by Jerkoff

As of right now it is impossible to move up any significant amount in the ranks.

I moved from the 350s to 1...140? maybe over the last year. So theres some movement.

Obviously i'm a pro though but I see how that can be frustrating

No. I know it doesnt seem fair, but resetting the ranks completely spits on all the time the people that have the top spots put in to get them

That's what level is for, to have something to show for the time you spent playing. Rank should be dynamic. There are people on here that were playing on this server for years, so for me to surpass them in rank they would have to go into a coma or jail. I think we should reset ranks once a year and have something like "player of the year" type of thing.

What I want to mention is that the PPM are clearly bugged. In reality if you earn 10 points per minute then you are a very good player; if you earn 15 points per minute than you are exceptional and that may only happen very rarely. But in the rankings we see more than half of people has more than 20 PPM. There is clearly something wrong. In the correct statistics, most people should have a PPM around 5-8 with a very few (like general and nerdy) at 10. As for PPM above 15, that will only happen to exceptional players under very special situations (like, the other team makes many stupid mistakes) and cannot be maintained for long.

Edited by hoojee15

What I want to mention is that the PPM are clearly bugged. In reality if you earn 10 points per minute then you are a very good player; if you earn 15 points per minute than you are exceptional and that may only happen very rarely. But in the rankings we see more than half of people has more than 20 PPM. There is clearly something wrong. In the correct statistics, most people should have a PPM around 5-8 with a very few (like general and nerdy) at 10. As for PPM above 15, that will only happen to exceptional players under very special situations (like, the other team makes many stupid mistakes) and cannot be maintained for long.

Headshotting regular infected can give.. 1 or 2 points, if youre using pistols thats another... what is 2 or 5 or something? you earn up to 20 or 35 just outside the safe room. Also Awp is best for racking up the points, as most of your shoots will be head shots or instant kills. You can also get points by healing others, helping them,saving them. High PPM = Team Player.

You also gotta account for when a round last 20minutes, but I think that could average out the people with 10~20ppm who are average players, but get in games were their team has a long round.

THen theres those with 30+, where THEY in any of those long rounds, if they're werent in those long rounds we'd probably see 80ppm vs 30ppm.

Edited by ValenAlvern

Headshotting regular infected can give.. 1 or 2 points, if youre using pistols thats another... what is 2 or 5 or something? you earn up to 20 or 35 just outside the safe room. Also Awp is best for racking up the points, as most of your shoots will be head shots or instant kills. You can also get points by healing others, helping them,saving them. High PPM = Team Player.

You also gotta account for when a round last 20minutes, but I think that could average out the people with 10~20ppm who are average players, but get in games were their team has a long round.

THen theres those with 30+, where THEY in any of those long rounds, if they're werent in those long rounds we'd probably see 80ppm vs 30ppm.

Lol, join a game, at the end of each round, watch the game statistics, divide the points earned by point farmer by the minutes the game lasted, do it a lot of times, and remake your conclusion. Or think it in another way: suppose on infected side, all the people are noobs and new players who only have 10 PPM according to rankings, then in a very short 5~6 minute game (games last this short are quite rare), we will still see about 10 tanks. Does that happen in real? Lol.

It is always easier to make wild guess than to collect data from the game yourself. An approximate formula is, for every player, real PPM=(PPM in ranking)/3.

Edited by hoojee15

• 2 months later...