11 years today

Allanon

Not sure what kind of music most people around here listen to, but I guess I take it for granted that everyone's as big a Beatles and especially George Harrison fan as I am. Still, to those who don't know he passed away 11 years today. One of the best songwriters and guitarists to have ever lived (in my biased opinion of course) and my favorite Beatle. I feel like wherever you guys are today (yes it's already 4:00 PM Central) to enjoy the rest of your day and week, because if I learned anything from listening to George, it's that all things must pass.

• Like 1

I really feel as if I was born in the wrong decade. Also Fairweather have you ever seen the version where Prince does the solo? Made me respect the guy so much more than I ever did before.

[utube]3XFfUt7HQWM[/utube]

Edited by Allanon

I really feel as if I was born in the wrong decade. Also Fairweather have you ever seen the version where Prince does the solo? Made me respect the guy so much more than I ever did before.

YES! I saw it maybe about a few months ago ... I couldn't believe Prince could shred like that. I'm pretty sure my face melted

Edited by Fairweather

Probably my favorite cover by Johnny Cash. But I like the original alot as well. Never was a big Beatles fan, they have some good music, but not my style much.

If by have some good music you mean an entire catalogue that completely redefined how the entire world thought about music in every way then yes. Sorry I can admit that I have an obsession with them, but just remember any music that you like would be completely different without them.

If by have some good music you mean an entire catalogue that completely redefined how the entire world thought about music in every way then yes. Sorry I can admit that I have an obsession with them, but just remember any music that you like would be completely different without them.
that argument is part of the reason i hate the beatles.

the same could be said about the pixies, the ramons, the sex pistols, even elvis. music, among myriad other things, influence musicians.

personally, i'd like to thank the beatles for commercializing music by exploiting simple hooks and pop rhythms. a lot of great that's done us.

that argument is part of the reason i hate the beatles.

the same could be said about the pixies, the ramons, the sex pistols, even elvis. music, among myriad other things, influence musicians.

personally, i'd like to thank the beatles for commercializing music by exploiting simple hooks and pop rhythms. a lot of great that's done us.

I should have prefaced that with saying I'm also very biased and this is my subjective opinion. Still I just believe that no one since them as affected music the way they did. Especially in songwriting. They certainly weren't the best instrumentalist to ever walk the Earth, but I feel as if McCartney and Lennon together were the best songwriters pop music has ever seen. Protip: George Harrison's hooks and lack of complex solos makes it seems as if he's not really that good but he just refused to play one more note than was ever necessary. Also could play a beautiful slide guitar.

tl;dr that's just like your opinion, man.

Edited by Allanon