Never had a gaming laptop.... help!

shaftiel

Thanks for the help ZD, I'm definitely interested in Acer one at 850. Those specs seem to be pretty darned good for that price, and as the top graphic demanding game that I will be playing for a while is Guild Wars 2. I think that will do just fine.

Thanks for the help ZD, I'm definitely interested in Acer one at 850. Those specs seem to be pretty darned good for that price, and as the top graphic demanding game that I will be playing for a while is Guild Wars 2. I think that will do just fine.

I recommend an extra expense and get a cooling pad for the gaming laptop. They all tend to be poor in ventilation.

• 1 month later...

This is what I ended up getting. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834200776&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Seemed to have everything you guys said it needed, and at a great price. Only down side is that its refurb... but I've had refurbs before with 0 issues.. so heres hoping! :)

Thanks for all your help!

Shaftiel

I'm going to need one for ffo also, theres no way I'm lugging my tower.

I currently have a macbook pro I love but it couldn't handle any gaming. I can't use a laptop keyboard for gaming so I would bring an external keyboard/mouse.

Don't want to spend too much, I will look through what people posted but can anyone send suggestions?

Maybe I can just use my mbp? but the graphics is only 256mb

I currently have a macbook pro I love but it couldn't handle any gaming. I can't use a laptop keyboard for gaming so I would bring an external keyboard/mouse.

Don't want to spend too much, I will look through what people posted but can anyone send suggestions?

You can borrow mine, on the condition that you come get it yourself and bring me with you to FFO.

Edit: and take me back afterwards

Edited by TheDude

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=8510W-C2D240-PB-R&cat=NBB

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
I used this site when I bought my laptop in the summer of 2011. It gives you an idea where the video card of the laptop you are considering places among the hundreds of options out there. There are so many. http://www.notebookc...ards.130.0.html

Here. It was farther up in the thread.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel
  • Like 1

Not bad. the 635M graphics is near the top of the class-2 video card. Looks like a good deal to me.

It I had to guess I'd say it'd run any game on the market, probably on med-high settings. Its a good deal for the price.

My laptop (and currently only PC) has a 560M. I can almost max out games like L4D2 (everything maxed except AA, because those fireworks are a FPS killer) with it.

Edited by Pronouncemyname

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...