Pro tips

ctrlfrk

Survivor 1: Stay with your team, they're the reason your still alive. 2: When dead, give away your points to the one who you think deserves it/ will get the most out of it. 3: Shove the boomers away first, don't just shoot (Please people, do this). 4: If you have it, an incendiary ammo pack can make quick work of a tank if enough people use it. 5: Listen carefully for a tongue snag, a pounce, or typical infected noises, it may save your life (How many times did I know there was a tank before anyone else.) 6: Learn to crown witches. You can prevent slowing down due to witches. 7: Stay with the group, but don't wait for everyone. If someone is taking too long, wish them luck and leave with the rest of the group. 8: Always heal someone else, and use the points to get some pain pills. 9: Do not heal someone under 50% health. 10: Shove Hunters/Jockeys/Smokers off a survivor and then shoot them. They are much easier targets, and they are stunned for a few seconds. 11:Do not run through spitter acid. 12: You can't deal friendly fire, use this to your advantage. 13: Use !buy to benefit your team with healthkits, pills, molotovs, and more! 14: Your team is more important then yourself, the team always comes first. Infected Hunter 1: The hunter is not useless in this mode, He can be used to get some last minute points with powerful pounces. 2: Pounce into large clusters of survivors. If you are high enough, you could stun several people, and deal damage to the one you pounced. 3: Pounce survivors near witches, they can still disturb the witch. 4: Height and distance equal power, pounce and land on survivors from massive heights to deal extreme damage (maximum impact damage is 25). 5: Your called the hunter for a reason, kill off slowpokes. or rushers. Boomer 1: Always ambush, and then suicide in the cluster to get maximum points and biled survivors. 2: Try to ambush by aerial means if possible, it is rarely expected. 3: Your explosion activates car alarms. Smoker 1: Grab the ones in behind, it slows the whole group down. 2: Sync with other infected, and grab when everyone else is boomed. 3: Always pull survivors away from their goal, not toward it. 4: Pull survivors off a cliff, or force them to restart/ retake a path. 5: Pull survivors toward witches for an easy kill. Spitter 1: Aim in large clusters, from an area that they will not spot you in the act. 2: Do not wait for the spit to recharge, attempt to suicide ontop incapped survivors to deal extra damage, and gain extra points. 3: Aim for enclosed areas the survivors must go through. 4: spit on survivors pinned by teammates to deal extra damage, and get extra points. Charger 1: Charge large groups of survivors to deal extra damage, stun survivors, and gain a lot of points. 2: Attempt to charge survivors off of cliffs, or high areas to instantly kill survivors. 3: Charging multiple survivors knock others backwards, get multiple kills with one charge by doing this. 4: Always charge survivors away from their goal, never toward. 5: Charge survivors toward witches for easy kills. Jockey 1: get the one in the back, it slows the entire group down. 2: You can ride survivors just by falling on them. 3: Attempt to force a survivor off a cliff, you may just get a kill. 4: Help chargers get a death charge, or smokers get a cliff pull, you are not meant to kill. 5: Do not steal kills from smokers, you are not meant to kill. 6: Ride survivors to the witches for easy kills. Tank 1: Do not rush survivors head-on, you will die quickly. 2: Use cars to your advantage, and get several incapped at once. 3: Attempt to punch survivors off cliffs, or high places. 4: Do not attempt to hit survivors who are pinned by a smoker, hunter, jockey, charger, or witch, your stealing a kill and wasting your and someone elses time. 5: Stay away from fire, your demise will come quicker if you don't. 6: If survivors are close enough, ambush them, but don't let your frustration meter lower too far. General infected 1: Support your tank, he's very spendy and should not die before he can do any damage. 2: No special is a "noobtube". If you have it, use it. 3: Use !buy to upgrade how many infected can be spawned at once. 4: Attempt to stay out of survivor line of fire when attacking. 5: Be careful where you spawn, you may become trapped. 6: If need be, you can suicide by saying "!buy" in chat, and selecting suicide.

Step 55:

Buy a membership Clockwork

Survivor 1: Stay with your team, they're the reason your still alive. 2: When dead, give away your points to the one who you think deserves it/ will get the most out of it. 3: Shove the boomers away first, don't just shoot (Please people, do this). 4: If you have it, an incendiary ammo pack can make quick work of a tank if enough people use it. 5: Listen carefully for a tongue snag, a pounce, or typical infected noises, it may save your life (How many times did I know there was a tank before anyone else.) 6: Learn to crown witches. You can prevent slowing down due to witches. 7: Stay with the group, but don't wait for everyone. If someone is taking too long, wish them luck and leave with the rest of the group. 8: Always heal someone else, and use the points to get some pain pills. 9: Do not heal someone under 50% health. 10: Shove Hunters/Jockeys/Smokers off a survivor and then shoot them. They are much easier targets, and they are stunned for a few seconds. 11:Do not run through spitter acid. 12: You can't deal friendly fire, use this to your advantage. 13: Use !buy to benefit your team with healthkits, pills, molotovs, and more! 14: Your team is more important then yourself, the team always comes first. Infected Hunter 1: The hunter is not useless in this mode, He can be used to get some last minute points with powerful pounces. 2: Pounce into large clusters of survivors. If you are high enough, you could stun several people, and deal damage to the one you pounced. 3: Pounce survivors near witches, they can still disturb the witch. 4: Height and distance equal power, pounce and land on survivors from massive heights to deal extreme damage (maximum impact damage is 25). 5: Your called the hunter for a reason, kill off slowpokes. or rushers. Boomer 1: Always ambush, and then suicide in the cluster to get maximum points and biled survivors. 2: Try to ambush by aerial means if possible, it is rarely expected. 3: Your explosion activates car alarms. Smoker 1: Grab the ones in behind, it slows the whole group down. 2: Sync with other infected, and grab when everyone else is boomed. 3: Always pull survivors away from their goal, not toward it. 4: Pull survivors off a cliff, or force them to restart/ retake a path. 5: Pull survivors toward witches for an easy kill. Spitter 1: Aim in large clusters, from an area that they will not spot you in the act. 2: Do not wait for the spit to recharge, attempt to suicide ontop incapped survivors to deal extra damage, and gain extra points. 3: Aim for enclosed areas the survivors must go through. 4: spit on survivors pinned by teammates to deal extra damage, and get extra points. Charger 1: Charge large groups of survivors to deal extra damage, stun survivors, and gain a lot of points. 2: Attempt to charge survivors off of cliffs, or high areas to instantly kill survivors. 3: Charging multiple survivors knock others backwards, get multiple kills with one charge by doing this. 4: Always charge survivors away from their goal, never toward. 5: Charge survivors toward witches for easy kills. Jockey 1: get the one in the back, it slows the entire group down. 2: You can ride survivors just by falling on them. 3: Attempt to force a survivor off a cliff, you may just get a kill. 4: Help chargers get a death charge, or smokers get a cliff pull, you are not meant to kill. 5: Do not steal kills from smokers, you are not meant to kill. 6: Ride survivors to the witches for easy kills. Tank 1: Do not rush survivors head-on, you will die quickly. 2: Use cars to your advantage, and get several incapped at once. 3: Attempt to punch survivors off cliffs, or high places. 4: Do not attempt to hit survivors who are pinned by a smoker, hunter, jockey, charger, or witch, your stealing a kill and wasting your and someone elses time. 5: Stay away from fire, your demise will come quicker if you don't. 6: If survivors are close enough, ambush them, but don't let your frustration meter lower too far. General infected 1: Support your tank, he's very spendy and should not die before he can do any damage. 2: No special is a "noobtube". If you have it, use it. 3: Use !buy to upgrade how many infected can be spawned at once. 4: Attempt to stay out of survivor line of fire when attacking. 5: Be careful where you spawn, you may become trapped. 6: If need be, you can suicide by saying "!buy" in chat, and selecting suicide.

Step 55:

Buy a membership Clockwork

What does that mean?

As a survivor, you can dodge witch and tank swipes by circle jumping them. It doesn't guarentee that the swipe misses, but it can give you that extra second you need to kill a witch or to keep a tank from pinning you into a corner and punching you dead.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't afford $15?? Then how can you afford the 39 games you own on Steam??

More than 75% of those were free games, or games that came with other games. And besides, you cannot force me to get members. I love this community, but it is my choice, not yours. And just a heads up, how does that relate to this thread?

Give me a tip how to shoot smoker down while smoked? I did notice some people do turn quite fast and shoot smoker down. I remember i also some a video that changing between weapons or between weapon or pills, you get free from smoker pull ?

Once you're ensnared, that's it, changing weapons or anything else won't help. Best advice is the instant you are getting smoked, go for a headshot. If you're on a shotgun, wait to the very last second to shoot, as the closer you are, the more likely you are to frag.

Edited by drag

Give me a tip how to shoot smoker down while smoked? I did notice some people do turn quite fast and shoot smoker down. I remember i also some a video that changing between weapons or between weapon or pills, you get free from smoker pull ?

If you're using an awp just go for the chest. With the awp it is a little more difficult to do a headshot while been smoked.

If you are really close when you get smoked you just can shove him.

The reaction it is also important, sometimes, when im getting pulled from back, i just turn around very fast without thinking and shoot whatever i think is time. Sometimes i got the kill sometimes not.

• 4 months later...

If you are black and white and on very low health, you can jump off a ledge and hang for a bit to avoid death. Once things are a little more stable, or if someone has sent you 15 points for a full heal, then you can get back up again in safety.

If you can't see the smoker, he most likely can't smoke you. So take advantage of anything such as a small pole to intercept the tongue by darting in and out of view. The tongue goes straight for your body's center, so anything to block it goes.

From experience, people really need to know how to rocket in as a Boomer. Even regulars still make the noobish mistake of rocketing in in too high of an arc. Wonder if I should make a video on how to properly rocket boom people...

I'm definitely not the best at it myself, but it's funny to see people trying, getting shot, and then trying again in the exact same spot.

Which reminds me, for the love of god bear this in mind:

If you are storming a choke point, make sure you storm it one at a time. Don't just stand bunched up and make it easy on them. You know where the charger and spitter are gonna spawn from, you did it yourself last round. Anticipate those as much as you can.

Also if the first guy gets charged, wait for him to get up and try again. Storming it with multiple people at a time should only be done after the first 2 or 3 charges have gone, as to minimize the chances of there being another one.

In short: don't make it so easy on the infected. Give them a hard time making points off of you.

If you are standing in a high pounce area and trying to deny high pounces, don't try to dead stop or kill mid air. Simply stand in the prime spot for the hunters so they go for you then simply side step two feet, 9 times out of 10 they miss. When they do just melee and headshot for a free and easy 2 points.