Barring anything changing drastically...

Flitterkill

Those July dates are set (11th to 14th).

We'll also have our location nailed down by next week.

Location A: Same ole stuff. More or less 24 hour access to LAN room. Food/Drink *only* in hospitality room (unless purchased from hotel directly).

Location B: Interesting trade offs (good and bad). Event closed between 1AM and 8AM. Food/Drink allowed with no restrictions! Yay! But... Beer/Alc only allowed when paid security is present. We'd have that between 4pm-ish to midnight-ish.

And one location is a lot cheaper than the other.

One way or the other this is just about locked and loaded.

We have 300-ish paying members in GC right now. Naturally that number will change with the forthcoming renewal cull but still.

FFO might be really big...

• Like 1

I would go but I just do not game much any more. I think I would be mostly bored or dead. I cannot imagine what a few would do to me in person given the chance. lol

LOL, I hope you are not talking about me :) I hold no animosity towards you at all. Come on! Join the fun! Its never boring making fun of Jackie or Lousiest.

I like choice A. Although choice B would lend itself to me getting some sleep that weekend.... hmmm... I am an old man after all, sleep is important to me these days. Of course, part of the fun is getting drunk while playing games with your friends, then laughing at them because they are drunk and terrible at said games.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

Choice A would be what I like better also. Having that 24 hour access is really nice for people who stay up longer than others, I doubt we need 24 hours, but it is nice.

I would go but I just do not game much any more. I think I would be mostly bored or dead. I cannot imagine what a few would do to me in person given the chance. lol

I doubt you would be bored Zero, trust us, there is so much to do and usually always someone you will find to talk to or get along with.

I'm actually looking forward to playing some board games and card games again this year, think I had the most fun last year playing those games with you guys. I'll be bringing along my b/f of about a year now, he's never been to a LAN before but he does love to play games. So happy this is happening, been waiting for FF to happen again one of these years and fresh new blood is always nice too.

Oh and Jackiechan let me know if you need a laptop if you are coming, I bought a newer gaming laptop this past year and it's amazing!

Edited by DragonFire
  • Like 1

GC Board Member

Naturally the second option is the more inexpensive one. Forcing people to go to sleep might not be the worst thing in the world if it means protecting the financial integrity of this thing. And don't forget outside of beer/booze only during the evening hours and the early closing time there would be zero-restrictions on food/drink in the meeting space, unlike the hospitality room restriction at the Clarion. The location is also surrounded by retail locations (Staples, Walmart, etc.) so if someone needs something it's right there.

I don't have the actual damages but 2008 had to have been touch and go at best when 100-ish was planned for and only 52 actually came. I'm expecting a large turnout this go around but still. When you are on the budgeting end, seeing the numbers, and doing the math, and looking at what 2008 must have been like with the bills... I would've been a wreck most of the weekend.

If the second option is the cheaper one, you may have to go with that one. There could be a lot of people going this year, but like you said if only half of what you planned came it would be a nightmare. I don't think any of us will really care about the options as long as we have a place to go and have fun together at.

Wait, can I clarify something here?

SPOILER ALERT

Hospitality Smoshpitality, are you thinking that we didn't have drinks next to our keyboards at Location A?

bahahahahhahaahaha haha hahahaha ahahahah

<wheeze>

bahahaha

but anyways.....it's called (sing it with me) Red Solo Cup......

or whatever you want, but seriously.....that was NEVER an issue. EVER. It was a written rule, but NEVER an issue. Nod, say you understand, and we party.

Join the fun! Its never boring making fun of Jackie or Lousiest.

ooh, it's on

don't care which location, just make it happen :)

so

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

p.s.: jibba you bringin your board games?

Edited by lousiest
  • Like 1

Back in 2007, if site A is the same one, the part I liked was the comp'd breakfasts with your room. Tasty. But yeah, there was a lot of drinking and eating in the lan room... I had to dodge corona bottles that were thrown at me at one point... lol

Shaftiel

GC Board Member

They exist but would love to get a helper to jack them into the GC forums gallery now.

Also people were awful from about 2008 onward getting pictures posted anywhere.

Also also a lot of the photos are not much better than 1024x768 for the olden days.