Barring anything changing drastically...

Flitterkill

I'd imagine the easiest thing to do will be to just pre-charge everyone then decide on the place once you get an idea (guaranteed money) from that, no?

I've never been to a LAN that wasn't very small, group of close friends, and of the XBOX nature (as NO ONE I know plays PC).

How much is this usually? I'm definitely interested in going and probably bringing a friend (road trip).

GC Board Member

It was $50 for a month or two, something like Dec-Jan; maybe longer. That cheap mainly to get some dime to put a deposit down. Otherwise the event planners are using their own money/plastic... Then it went up to $75 as the reg amount. Then about one or two months before FFO it bumped to $100 as late joins, although still welcomed, did affect planning,etc.

It was $50 for a month or two, something like Dec-Jan; maybe longer. That cheap mainly to get some dime to put a deposit down. Otherwise the event planners are using their own money/plastic... Then it went up to $75 as the reg amount. Then about one or two months before FFO it bumped to $100 as late joins, although still welcomed, did affect planning,etc.

If I pay now would you accept $25?

:) JK

Eh, start a sign-up sheet. After a couple weeks see how many you have signed up for FF. Divide the deposit amount by that number. If it looks reasonable, make that the early entry price. Step that price up as the date gets closer.

Shaftiel

Eh, start a sign-up sheet. After a couple weeks see how many you have signed up for FF. Divide the deposit amount by that number. If it looks reasonable, make that the early entry price. Step that price up as the date gets closer.

Agree, though as it usually happens, something unexpected will pop up and increase value.

As I never gave my choice, I like Location A. Sure, it might be more expensive, but the comfort of being at the hotel just feels better to me.

And you should come anyway, ZD. It's not all about the gaming. In 2009, I didn't have a computer (except for Clueless being generous to let me use his while he wasn't using it), I still had a blast just hanging out with people. FF is the only vacation ever that I look forward to.

ZD if it helps I doubt I will be gaming much. My old desktop is in shambles and when I do play it's on my 3 year old laptop. If I'm close this summer I definitely plan on coming. P.S. that means Chicago so if anyone close by wants to road trip let me know. Also food/drink restrictions don't bug me, but being a little bit of an insomniac 1am is a bit early. Of course whatever people vote on is good with me

ZD if it helps I doubt I will be gaming much. My old desktop is in shambles and when I do play it's on my 3 year old laptop. If I'm close this summer I definitely plan on coming. P.S. that means Chicago so if anyone close by wants to road trip let me know. Also food/drink restrictions don't bug me, but being a little bit of an insomniac 1am is a bit early. Of course whatever people vote on is good with me

we have 3 guys or so from Chicago. lets do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would love to be there... I was supposed to go with my bf bit we broke up and my mom hates this kind of event... I would need a lift probably for me and a friend... i know radical said that if i had a lift to his place he'd bring me but I haven't seen him on in a while... so is there anyone close to montreal that could bring me if rad doesnt ? :/ I'll pay a part of the gaz..