Tragedy in Conneticut

shaftiel

"Try to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead." - Modified Vonnegut

We live a exceedingly short life. Nothing is worse than children dying as they are ignorant to the world around them, and innocent at heart. I hope their families can fine peace and eventual happiness in time, it's something that we all deserve.

Following are some of the worst such incidents in the United States in 2012:

April 2 - A gunman kills seven people and wounds three in a shooting rampage at a Christian college in Oakland.

July 20 - A masked gunman kills 12 people and wounds 58 when he opens fire on moviegoers at a showing of the Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, a suburb of Denver, Colorado.

August 5 - A gunman kills six people during Sunday services at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, before he is shot dead by a police officer.

August 24 - Two people are killed and eight wounded in a shooting outside the landmark Empire State Building in New York City at the height of the tourist season.

September 27 - A disgruntled former employee kills five people and takes his own life in a shooting rampage at a Minneapolis sign company from which he had been fired.

October 21 - Three people are killed in a Milwaukee area spa including the estranged wife of the suspected gunman, who then killed himself.

December 14 - A shooter opens fire at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, killing 27 people including children.

Sigh.

Shaftiel

Guns and Shotguns I think are okay to get, but a lot...maybe all shootings I hear about, someone has a semi/fully automatic gun. Getting an assault rifle shoudlnt be has easy to get as a glock. I think we need to reevaluate gun laws. Like having to take seeing a psychologist while wearing a lie detector.

In our current time, theres way too much stress in our lives. Technology advanced, but now we have inflated/unneeded stress that these people obviously couldnt handle and cracked in the deep end.

Edit and moved here

I truly grieve the loss of these children and the loss of the soul of the man, who in his hopeless despair acted to show the worst of what he could be. I shudder to think my own child could have been there. May our Lord grant mercy on the hearts of those that lost people today. I hope it serves as an example to parents to love their kids with all their strength and fathers to not abandon their kids.

Edited by Preacher
  • Like 1

Being a new dad, I was watching the news yesterday about all of this while sitting with my son.

I started crying, I haven't truly cried in a long time. I picked him up, held him, kissed him I don't know how many times. I think a year ago I wouldn't have been hit so hard by this, but I lost control. I don't even know how the parents feel who lost their kids.