BMW Crew, where you at?

tonerrrr

Both, the red one is the regular 325es, the white one is the M3. The yellow one is my buddy's e36 M3. Good luck on the M1!! I'm partial to that model 6 series as well "the shark"!

Here they are side by side, there are several differences though both an e30:

post-4157-0-38795800-1355787748_thumb.jpg

Love the E30 and more than partial to your buddies E36.

I had an E36 318is that I replaced with an E36 M3 GT Limited (otherwise known as the GT2), they only built 50 as the last right hand drive ones they sold. I replaced the original mirrors with AC Schnitzer ones after I had two sets of the originals stolen, but otherwise completely stock. I had to let it go when I moved to the US 9 years ago and it's the only thing I wish I'd brought over with me :(

post-1236-0-36078600-1355858163.jpg post-1236-0-61868300-1355858521.jpg post-1236-0-70057200-1355858719.jpg

Currently driving a stock 2007 335ci which I'll most likely get the Dinan S2 upgrade for when I find myself being tempted by something new, and my wife has a black e39 525 wagon (no photos to hand)

post-1236-0-28542100-1355858193.jpg post-1236-0-26465600-1355858545.jpg

Nice!! I bet the e36 crowd over here would kill for that one! I met someone with an e46 330ci and he said it was awesome so I could only imagine what the newer 335ci feels like. You have/had a couple nice cars! I think my next "dream" car will be an e46 M3 thought I really do have a soft spot for the e36. How do you like my US spec diving boards? hahaha

Love them :)

We've had BMWs in the family for a few years, my dad had an E24 M635CSI and followed that with an E38 735 (with a gap in between where he had a JanSpeed Jaguar XJ40 and a XJS TWR which he still has). My mother still drives a X5 3.0 diesel (single turbo, they're in Europe :) ).

My brother had an e46 M3 convertible for a while and while it was nice, really the only thing I can recall about it was just how uncomfortable a ride it was. I have a friend with a e46 330 convertible and honestly it's a much easier car to ride in.

Of course my brother now has an E63 AMG and I honestly think he'll struggle to find anything with a roundel on it that will give him the "thrill" he gets in that (puts my 335 to shame).

Oh and I've heard the ride in the E46 M3 coupe is significantly better than the convertible.

I love em too, the tacky chrome trim dates the car, and I'm alright with that! Damn man, I'm the first of my family to be into BMW's and have so far only had the ones in the picture. Red one for a year, white for half a year. 100% hooked though and I thoroughly enjoy working on them. I'd like to own all the classics at some point in my life; original M5, original M6, any 2002 that has a front valance as to not make it look like a boat hahaha.

My buddies Dakar e36 recently got into a fender bender and it's actually getting totaled (have no clue how looking at the damage).... He's weighing his options now on what to get. If he gets the e46 M3 coupe I'll report my findings (when I take it for the obligatory spin) though I'm in my mid 20's and daily drive my 325es with billy sports and h&r race so what do I know about comfort ha!

AMG exhaust on this oh my:

http://youtu.be/QSgnWYlUtj4

• 3 weeks later...

Well just got back from the Christmas road-trip, took my car and put 3,500 miles on her in the last 2 weeks.... Wife and 2 of the kids loaded up with all our belongings, 20 hours each way (Dallas to SoCal return) and she was faultless, although the snow/ice outside Las Cruces/El Paso did 2 things:

1) reinforce the fact I need a new set of rear tires (very pleased it wasn't a heavily worn set of OEM summer run flats, but a set of heavily worn all season Michelins)

2) reinforce the fact a real wheel drive Bimmer is not the ideal vehicle for driving on roads that are sheet ice when surrounded by 18 wheelers (some rather tense moments)

The time behind the wheel did however renew my love for my car (I work from mostly from home so haven't done a lot of miles in her over the last 12 months), and made me commit to some long weekend road trips this year

Nice Fenix! PICS!!??1

FL=No Snow so I'm lucky when it comes to that.

Yea it's not fun having the back slide around when you don't want it to. New tires make all the difference. The tires on my 325es weren't bald by any means but they were just crappy ones the PO got. The new ones I put on have a lot of grip in the rain and dry, it was a night and day difference.

made me commit to some long weekend road trips this year

Maybe to Ohio this summer?

I try to get the family back to the UK for 3 weeks every summer and that has made it challenging for the last few years (between that, family and work it has been a challenge), but I'll take a look at dates, have been hoping to make a FF since I found GC in 2004 :)

• 7 months later...

Those M5's can get up there, esp with the Dinan upgrades. The owner is going to sell that one within a year or so, I think it has around 70k, if you're serious I can talk to him about it ha!

The M1 was a little too late and got complicated by a bunch of different factors including Lamborghini going bankrupt (the company who was contracted to build it). I believe around or under 500 were built so it was really intended on owning races in the late 70's but with all the changes in rules and regulations it was just a day late and a dollar short.

I've researched E39 M5's while dreaming of my next car (to come in a year or so). I could afford to BUY one, but the maintenance costs scare the bejeebus out of me.

IMHO, that car represents the last of the "pure driving experience" BMWs, which balanced analog and digital very well. The new ones are fantastic driving machines, but damn are those electronics complicated.

I've researched E39 M5's while dreaming of my next car (to come in a year or so). I could afford to BUY one, but the maintenance costs scare the bejeebus out of me.

IMHO, that car represents the last of the "pure driving experience" BMWs, which balanced analog and digital very well. The new ones are fantastic driving machines, but damn are those electronics complicated.

Yep. Pretty much the newer they get the less miles you'll want. While I'd love an e30 with 40k on it, with those cars it honestly doesn't matter. Both mine are over 200k. I'm with you on that though, I really enjoy the experience I have in my cars. Some say the e30 is the perfect balance and I tend to agree though it's a little old for most people. I wouldn't mind an e46 M3 but like the e39 M5 $$$ in parts.

• 3 months later...

I just purchased an E92 M, and too be honest I agree with Boiler. It feels a bit loafy and appliancy if you don't have the settings on super aggressive. And when you have them on super aggressive its constant trips to the dentist to replace your fillings.

• 1 month later...

So....I'm selling my BMW. It's sad to say, but since I'm still making payments on it, I can't really afford to keep it with the crappy job I have right now (Geek Squad). This job was meant to be a temp job while I was searching for something involving my degree or experience in the Navy, but so far no luck. Here's a link to the autotrader page so you can get a good look at what I have:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?ownerId=68738317&searchRadius=0&listingId=363057395