The War Z

lousiest

This game interests me. Sure, it pretty much looks like a DayZ clone but I find the ARMA engine to be extremely cumbersome and the DayZ servers seem very unstable.

Only one thing bothers me from what I've seen and that is when you buy it on Steam it has "Gold Credits". Are these for microtransactions?

Also, a little nit picky but I wish there wasn't chat, maybe the hardcore mode doesn't have chat? If there has to be a chat I'd prefer it be over a characters head so you can just talk directly too people. I never really played DayZ but from seeing other people chat it was always like, "Who's at the oil rig with me?? Don't shoot me! Friendly!" and stuff like that. I want it to feel like I'm really alone when other people aren't around.

Is anyone picking this up? For $15 I'm considering it, but I'm going to have to look into it more.

War Z is just Megablocks, wait for the Legos version (a.k.a Day Z standalone)

EDIT: Also looks like the people who made War Z are not below reusing models from previous games. I wouldnt be surprised if you saw the same weapons. They did use the same engine.

[NSFW]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

Because TB is....uhh....is oblivious to the obvious..yea thats sounds good. I think that gives a better depth to what to experience in a game he showcases. On a zombie survival game like this (I never played Day Z, but from the reaction he has) having a cooldown on dying is a Huge...HUGE, no buy ever. Besides some of the things that have been posted.

Short list of things talked about in the video

• Dying gives you a 59minute revival cooldown
  • Items on dead characters are gone
  • You dont spawn with weapons
  • Falling Damage from sliding down terrain
  • No Swimming
  • Micro-Transaction items can be lost
  • No PvE yet
  • 50 Player servers instead of 100
  • Maps not as large as described
  • 1 map
  • Little to no Skill selection

Edited by ValenAlvern

As an DayZ-Veteran I can tell you that DayZ will be so much more realistic then WarZ! Have played alot on the Arma2 Engine and I can understand why people dont really like it because of all the glitches and hacking but until they get their own standalone it will and i put my word on it the absolutley best Zombiegame ever! xD

Rather than a proper anti-cheat system, they put "trap items" around for players that if they loot them, they will be permanently banned. They supposedly put them in unreachable areas that you would need hacks to get to, but players are able to legitimately loot the "trap items" resulting in them getting wrongfully banned.

There's even a petition about the game.

http://www.change.or...rz-for-everyone

The executive producer of the game, Sergey Titov, even blamed their customers for "misreading" the details on it's Steam store page.

“At the same time it was clear that there were a number of customers that felt that information about the game was presented in a way that could have allowed for multiple interpretations.

[…]

We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread information about game features.”

Source

He is even in producer/developer of

. If that doesn't scream "don't buy" to you, I don't know what will.

Adding to the evidence others have gathered:

http://kotaku.com/5969663/warz-gets-suspicious-microtransactions-just-as-it-hits-the-top-of-steams-charts

I second Jackie's advice: don't buy it.

Fun fact: NYU's Game Center showcased Big Rigs in a public exhibit with the theme, "games that are really bad," back in April 2012. I saw firsthand the infamous "put your rig in reverse and watch the odometer go into the negative" as well as the map glitches seen in Jackie's posted vid. It was one of the worst they had on display next to a ridiculous paintball FPS (which I also got a chance to play; it too was awful).

It was one of the worst they had on display next to a ridiculous paintball FPS (which I also got a chance to play; it too was awful).

A million dollars says it was Extreme Paintbrawl.

When you bring math into the equation, the Colorado map is only 1/10th the size of what they say it is.

http://www.pcgamesn....-big-war-zs-map

It also has a 1.5 out of 10 user score on Metacritic.

http://www.metacriti...me/pc/the-war-z

The game's description has since changed as of today to say that the game has "40 to 100 players per Game Server" which is still a lie since the number never goes higher than 50 until they decide to update their "game".

I think the developers hate our community specifically.

Why?

Because they made a game that is aggressively hostile to users, guaranteeing infinite bad press and posts.

Oh, and the currency involved in skipping the respawn wait timer (and probably other micro transactions) is gold coins.

Conveniently abbreviated to GC...

I got the game. they DO have 100 plrs servers, but the revive of your characters after they die is 4 hours, but you can revive it anytime for 50 game cash. but its pretty booring, its just a lot of walking between the villages looting them, just so some other player can kill you and steel your loot. you can buy "game cash" and with this cash you can buy ammo, food and drinks, medical supplies and upgrades 4 your weapons. but you cant buy guns, gotta find all your guns in game, but they only come with 1 clip of ammo, and since ammo is hard too find, they rely on you too buy the ammo ofr cash. but I think if a couple of people play it together, and loot other players, its alot lot more fun, and cheaper, then just running around alone, that is what ive been doing.

Hah! I don't know if it's the same for you guys, but WarZ can't be purchased anymore on Steam. It still has it's store page, but there is no "Buy Now" button, nor is there a price for it.

To those who bought it, you can ask Valve for a refund by creating a support ticket.

http://lorehound.com/news/the-warz-pulled-from-steam-valve-hammerpoint-apologize/