The War Z

lousiest

So there is justice in the (Steam) world? It's a Christmas miracle!

I guess the video Valen linked above was pretty much spot on. "Valve should be ashamed that they even allowed it to be on Steam in this state." I guess that Valve was ashamed...

• 1 month later...
Sky
(edited)

You can't really complain if they used the same engine (the war inc engine, actually) for the game. I'm not even upset that they recycled all of the models.

What upsets me is they actually use a random number generator to ban players, claiming those players were hacking. I was watching yetination play on twitch tv and he was banned. For hacking. During a live stream. He called customer support on the stream, and they said there was evidence he was hacking. And on speaker phone, he was like "Yeah, my 600 viewers say otherwise." And they hung up on him. They just hung up on him. It's garbage. I guess it bugs me that they claim the Day Z developers stole the idea from them, and just all the shady things going on. Sure, it's only 15$, but the prospect of being randomly banned? Now, they claim to have a real anti-cheat system out, but I think that's hogwash. It's as false as their statement of it being, what, 400sq km, or 100sq km or whatever; someone calculated it out to be less the 20sq km, didn't they?

And the fact that they lied on the steam store page to the point where steam removed it... I don't know guys, I think you should just wait for the stand-alone Day Z, or more importantly, just get a group of friends together, and use a free non-commercial mmo engine to develop a zombie game. I mean, I've seen indie groups of 6 developers create better stuff. It bugs me that they created this garbage in an attempt to leech money from hard working people over the idea of a zombie game. Guys, go watch some twitch tv streams. This is a "Get hacked, first! Kill players who aren't hacking (if you're lucky enough to find any) and maybe kill a zombie if you manage to find one, third" type of game.

I think someone proved that all of the photos they had of war z on the steam page were completely fabricated; I mean, they stole the damn title screen from the walking dead. Plagiarism abound.

Edited by Sky