Making the CS:GO server a 64 tick server...

LiMiT

Ok, I've tried everything that has been posted to improve my CS:GO performance on the server. I've adjusted and re-adjusted rates, updaterate, cmd, interp, interp ratio and I can not find a setting that gives me decent performace. I'm constanly being shot when I'm clearly behind a corner or wall. Reg is non-exsistant and I'm just fed up. All of that goes away when I enter a 64 tick server. Gameplay is spot on. Reg is perfect and everything plays as its suppose to be. I get a solid 60 fps on average on any map. Sometimes it would dip into the high 40's if its full. I've talked to others who've had this problem as well. I know that 128 tick is preferred so I'm just seggesting it. Could it be tried to see if it works for everyone without to much trouble?

S.

Yeah, I've tried 64 on the GC server and my input/output starts to drop into the red. I don't notice any improvement in gameplay. I could try even lower settings and see what happens, but if I'm only up/downing so little when everyone is getting and receiving so much more information it may be for not.

I know my rig is really starting to show it's age and I'm planning out my next build now. I should be starting to get parts for that build after the holidays. So this may all be for nothing in the next couple of months.

S.

Limit, have you set cl_cmdrate 64, cl_updaterate 64, cl_interp 0, cl_interp_ratio 1

dunno about him, but i'm gonna try these....cause I'm just starting to accept and enjoy sucking...which is scary. Did several years off really put me that far down the ladder?!?!? argh.

All of Valve's matchmaking servers are 64 tick?

Yes, I have to change setting every time I play there.

I disagree with Onyx, and should say Amer is right (it was hard decision) :D I use 128 128 0.0 1 111000 for ArmRace and Pubs, but for match games 64 64 0.0 1 80000

Edited by walkingCat

Limit, have you set cl_cmdrate 64, cl_updaterate 64, cl_interp 0, cl_interp_ratio 1

dunno about him, but i'm gonna try these....cause I'm just starting to accept and enjoy sucking...which is scary. Did several years off really put me that far down the ladder?!?!? argh.

Default settings 64 64 80000 interp 0.3 interp_rate 2, if you set interp to 0.0 and inter_rate to 1, then you should be fine.

I haven't had a problem with my settings when it is only 10 people. When the server is 20+ I usually rage quit because I know my shots hit but there is no confirmation and plus that's when the P90s start flying around and I want to smash my face on my desk.

Lol dude, lower screen resolution, reduce rates, set fps_max 110, go to steam connection settings and set it at 56kb. Then you should be fine. Hope this will help you. Helped me, and I play on wi fi.

• 3 weeks later...

No..this game is just awful