Steam Winter Sale - Suggestions?

Biggs

Well, the Steam Winter sale is here, I find myself utterly uninformed.

Anyone have opinions on what new games are worth looking at, buying, or maybe older games too?? I feel like I need to get a new game for myself, but I'm not sure which one(s).

What're you guys liking recently or looking to purchase?

Lol, I just made a thread ;) I do apologize.

Well, some of new games are already 50 % down, 75 % are mostly DLC's. If you want to buy new game on sale, I would check on steam forums, because you might get got information there, like if Hitman will go down to 75 % discount or not.

I would recommend you Hotline Miami. It is kinda glitchy and buggy, but is a great game with awesome soundtrack.

What kind of games you like to play?

GC Alumni

Puzzle, rpg, platformer, strategy... I'm not too picky. Racing is probably my least favorite genre (or just least played, it's been a long time since I drove a car in a video game other than the GTA series).

GC Alumni

Mass Effect? WItcher? Hitman? Fallout LV? Max Payne? Total War: Shogun 2? Sid Meier's Civilization? Xcom? Bioshock?

I own the ones crossed out, I'll have to look into The Witcher... Xcom didn't thrill me from the trailers and reviews.

I'll have to look into The Witcher... Xcom didn't thrill me from the trailers and reviews.

I couldn't get into The Witcher for the life of me...I tried playing it like...2-3 times and all I could get past was the intro level. The combat system is terrible and that's what turned me off of the game...although I'm sure the rest of the game was great, just that dang combat system ruined it.

I'll have to look into The Witcher... Xcom didn't thrill me from the trailers and reviews.

I couldn't get into The Witcher for the life of me...I tried playing it like...2-3 times and all I could get past was the intro level. The combat system is terrible and that's what turned me off of the game...although I'm sure the rest of the game was great, just that dang combat system ruined it.

I got to Act 2 in The Witcher before being stopped twice: once by a glitch and a second time probably because I didn't trigger a storyline point despite trying everything. After that, I haven't been back since, but I hear the game becomes phenomenal in Act 4 and 5. I agree that the combat system is strange and requires some micromanaging (switching swords and sword styles for different enemies); I could tolerate it, but it definitely threw me when I first played (timing my mouse clicks because... why?). A positive thing I can say about The Witcher is that the decisions you make in the game are morally complex and interesting (if you don't look at guides or anything like that).

Biggs, I'd suggest Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition if you played and liked Mass Effect as it's more forgiving than The Witcher. Steam has sold it for as low as $7.50; The Witcher for $2.50. Plus, you can mod DA:O to make it look purty, etc.