CS:GO Server Requests

waymon

Hey All! I just wanted to say thanks for an awesome job on the CS:GO server..it registers great and has good players.

I was wondering if I could voice my opinion on a few things.

1.) cs_italy. I believe this map should be removed from the server. I don't see that many people wanting to play it and whenever it shows up in the rotation after 10pm..it kills the server. I don't mind it that much. but I do mind when the server empties out because of it. Plus it isn't what the community would call "competitive"

2.) I like the way the server is setup to play to 10 rounds. But I was wondering what would happen if we set it up like 6 rounds each side? First to 13? Would that give it more of a competitive feel? Maybe worth testing?

3.) Can I get a reserved slot? :-D

Thanks guys...great server and great community. I like a server with active admins that are fun to play with. Thanks!

Edited by waymon
  • Like 2

I don't know why everyone hates on cs_italy, it is a better map than cs_office imo. I also like the idea of having a change of sides so maps like italy and office each team will have a chance of attacking and defending the objective.

Eh, I like cs_italy... but I have seen it kill the server, which is bad.

Our servers have been playing maps to 10 wins for as long as I can remember, so perhaps tradition is a good enough reason to continue that way?

GC members should have reserved slots on all of our servers, but last I remember this was not working on CS:GO. Has this changed?

Eh, I like cs_italy... but I have seen it kill the server, which is bad.

Our servers have been playing maps to 10 wins for as long as I can remember, so perhaps tradition is a good enough reason to continue that way?

GC members should have reserved slots on all of our servers, but last I remember this was not working on CS:GO. Has this changed?

Recently we played a little on cs_Italy cuz people don't like it, though there are many regulars who love to camp t side of the map, meaning they always complain when we change it. :)

Reserve slot works for me.

Is waymon our contributing member?

The problem with T and CT rounds on a map is that a lot of players tend to switch to make the teams more fair. I personally dont like losing 8 rounds and then having the top two players from the other team switch and then make us play another 12 rounds, but that's just how it goes sometimes.

For my part, I do like the idea of switching the teams. My issue has always been that with the best of 16 setup, that one side can go 15-0 before the sides change, and when they do, it resets the money to pistol round. That sucks for the losing team.

However, perhaps with a few tweaks, it could work out well for our server. Not sure how flexible the server is, but if we could have a best of 16, with a forced slaughter rule of 10 wins for side swapping, otherwise any combination of wins to reach 15 before swapping sides. Money still resets.

I kinda like that idea.

Shaftiel

best of 16 is too long IHMO, especially when you have a CT sided map, and you end at 15-0. Then you play till 15-15, etc. I like the 10 win target that we have today.

In a best of x series, you don't necessarily play all x rounds.

"The "best-of" formats refers to a head-to-head competition where the two competitors compete to first win the majority of the games allotted to win the "series". If a competitor wins a majority of the games, the remaining games may be discarded."

A best of 15 would be won by the first team to 8. Best of 7 is won by the first team to 4, etc.

A best of 16 (or any even number) doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, though.

• Like 1

Eh, I misspoke. Its first to 16, not best of 16. Anyway, the whole point is not to just arbitrarily swap teams, its suppose to be a competition with two halves. Each half starts out even, thats why the money and equipment resets. I personally hate people who always go on the easy side, just to pad their score and make themselves feel better about living in their moms basement. For that reason alone I would like to see us switch to some sort of competitive system where the teams are swapped and reset at some half way point.

As Lousiest said (I said it as well, but of course Lousiest couldn't bother himself to read it... sigh), 15-0 sucks. We use to have a slaughter rule where at 7-0 the map ended. Well, we can have the same rule whereas if one team reaches 10 wins, that triggers the half time swap no matter what the other team's score is (couldn't be more than 4, since 10-5 would trigger the swap anyway) We can change that number to lower, and change the total number of rounds to less than 16, but the main purpose is to provide a fair and balanced map, which otherwise would not be, for each team.

Shaftiel

I wouldn't mind playing first to 16 (or 14, 12, 18, whatever). Sides switch after one team reaches half the needed wins?

While we're at requests, can we get all-talk working again for dead players?

I don't know about you guys..but when I play..I am trying my hardest to get 10 rounds for my team and not necessarily the most individual kills.

So for me, it makes more sense to switch sides at like 10 total rounds. I guess that the competitiveness in me.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

So any thought to removing cs_italy and cs_office from the late night rotation? We had a full server (with no admin, and a bunch of Tkers) that completely emptied out within minutes of changing to cs_office. I unfortunately get so upset when my fun is ruined by people TKing on purpose and the map changing to something that empties the server.

Edited by waymon

I'm surprised. Nobody answered to this questions. I myself forgot to reply. Anyway, as we discussed not so long time ago, office and Italy will remain on the server due to there are people who like it. There is also no option to remove these two maps just from night rotation, guy(s) who take care of the server performance and other related to this things ain't gonna do that, too complicated and not worth it. IMHO.

About TK'ers and other animals: PM one the admin. Add more admins to your friend list.

Yeah..Im going to start adding more admins to my friends list.

I really feel like we should rethink having italy and office on the rotation. Im not opposed to playing them, I just don't want the server to die and too many times it has. It was about 11pm cst on Sunday and we had a full server on nuke...by the 6th round of office we had 3v3. Is there a way to have vote map come up after 10pm? That way the players could decide which map they want to play next? I'm not sure what the options for server admins are...I haven't been an admin on a public server since 1.6.

The TKing was more of a multiple warning thing. I warned these two players mulitple times and then I got killed by one of them blatantly once he found out I didnt have admin. I left once that happend to join another server (one I would rather not join because I love gcftw!)

Thanks guys.