Would you like a CSGO Gun specific map scoutz/knives/ or awp?

turnbullTeRRoR

I notice we don't usually play gun specific maps( fy_maps?) on customs with the exception of the Deagle maps on CSS. Would we be interested in a scouts and knives or even a awp map?

I'd have to look up how to make a gun specific map. I'd imagine I just need to item drop the gun I want on every spawn point. I'll look it up. If I do make such a map it won't be a replica of the old versions. It would be something completely new.

Thoughts welcome. I don't wanna make it if therei s not much interest in it here.

You have my vote!

They way i see the future setup of a map is long range open space on a top level so people can scout/shoot each other almost right after spawning. For those who ain't good in scouting there could be a second lower level with labirint made out of boxes or just walls with windows and doors. Some kind of arena for knifes at the center. All path may lead to center arena, this way nobody can get lost.

Edited by walkingCat

Typically it's just done with one entity, I believe game_player_equip is the one.

A good deagle5 would almost certainly be used here. Historically, most other aim maps (except hegrenade maps) don't scale well to a 12x12 server; if they are large enough to support the players, their size and design tends to promote slow and tedious play when it gets down to a handful of players.

To put a general spec on what kind of aim/fy (non-objective) maps have been passable, they have almost always had a single main area (deagle5, scoutzknivez, he_dodgeball), or a shape that at least allows players to see clear across the map which prevents players from running around for a long time without seeing each other (iceworld, etc.).

The single biggest hurdle is the blur. A map with no buyzones absolutely cannot leave some players' views blurred. That is a 100% dealbreaker. Unfortunately I haven't been able to spend the time yet to track this down to a specific entity that creates or prevents this issue.

Edited by mookie
  • Like 1