I just can't get this game

Gunns

Man am I lost. I played like six times and I am having a difficult time. I keep getting yelled at on the server for doing stupid things or I get laughed at. Too many commands to type in. I saw the list of commands, that will help, but I need to study them more. Any advice would be appreciated. Looks like a good game but dang, I am so used to hot keys.

Would I also be considered a member or an admin on this? Trust me, I won't be banning anyone, can't seem to type fast enough to play.

Also every time I play I am a zombie, does it ever let me play on the survivors side? No laughing everyone. Please be nice.

Server admin carries aross all GC servers, just as reserves do. Naturally, admin or not, if you are a noob to a game/server, best get some experience under your belt before attending to admining duties.

I could never join our L4D2 server, granted I haven't tried in a few months...

I'm assuming you're talking about L4D2. If you come online again, and see me, definitely call me out. I'll be your 'buddy' and help you out.

And if you say you're new and can use some direction, all but a few gc members will be willing to help you out.

Edit: almost forgot to answer your question:

it switches sides every round, so its just a coincidence that ur always in infected.

It's really better to play some regular campaigns first. Consider the normal campaign as driving a car in automatic, and the gc server as suddenly being given a stick to shift.

Add me on steam and we'll play some regular campaigns together. Ill give you some quick tips etc. to get you going if you want to.

Edited by TheDude

I know this feeling Mr.Gunns. I tried to understand this game many times, but I can't. CS is much easier to me, because I've been playing it since CS 1.1 2000. L4d2 is completely different to me. Weird game with weird rules. I must agree, there are too many commands to type. But I gotta admit, sometimes this game can be very entertaining.

I've been keyboarding since 98' so typing has never been a problem for me, but if you want some advice, just bind the !buy menu.

Things you should only really buy is:

AK for excellent spray with good power and accuracy

AWP for fast and easy kills

Lasers for accuracy obviously

Fireworks for easy common kills and to get them off of you while you're trying to aim

Pills for when you are in the red or orange, and to share with fellow team members so you don't have to heal them.

First aids to heal yourself only, don't give team mates points, you won't ever get point farmer

Never send points out, always expect your team mates to give you points, if not yell at them for not sharing

These are the only items I've ever bought, The only thing I really type is the !sp command to send points out.

Tell people to ask for points and be prepared to send them out.

A majority of every player on GC spawns in the same spot, knowing these spots on every map might just make you a better player.

Like specialK once said, its all about pre-aiming, but not just that, you also need a good reaction.

Maximum volume with a good pair of headsets will let you know where infected(and what type of infected depending on the sound they make) are before you see them, so aim in the direction of the sound and just wait till they show themselves.

Its easy to farm points as infected on certain parts of every map, with certain types of infected, but some times it can be hard. I will not give any advice on point farming as infected.

A big obstacle for admins on l4d2 server is that you can hear both teams' voice chat. It can be really confusing, especially if you're new to the game.

To turn that off, type /enemyvoice for voice comms, and /enemychat for text

No laughing everyone. Please be nice.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhohohohohohohohohohohehehehehehehehe

ON a side note, welcome to L4D2! I use a G13 pad and a G15 keyboard...allows for easy key bindings.

Edited by Fenix

A big obstacle for admins on l4d2 server is that you can hear both teams' voice chat. It can be really confusing, especially if you're new to the game.

To turn that off, type /enemyvoice for voice comms, and /enemychat for text

great i was hearing both sides and i couldn't tell who is who. thanks

• Like 1

GC Coalition Member

Before joining server.

1.PLAY THE CAMPAIGNS. LEAR THE MAPS.

Spectator.

1. Chose the good team if you are new.

Survivor.

1. Ak is the best gun in the game (8 points). You need a laser after you buy that ak (3 points) (for bind is: B 1 3 3 1)

2.If your a fast aimer, buy the sniper (also 8 points). Laser is not an option, you have to buy it.

3.It sound stupid, but aim for the head. (about 4 players do it in the server).

4.Stay in front of middle if you're bad. The back is for the "pros". You will get there.

5.Heal others and you receive 4 points.

6.Type !buy to open buy menu. You will have all things there binded. (For heal if i remember well is B 5 1)

7.If you press B, you can see your points number.

8. !np number is to ask points. Ex: !np 8. You asked 8 points

9. !sp name number to send points. !sp Codrut 9. You send me 9 points.

10.You dont have to write all name. Ex: !sp cod 9. You send me 9 points

11.Pick the SMG, not the shotgun.

Infected.

1.Boomer : Fat, slow with no hp. Walk and press "R" and click to rocket jump. Each boom is +2 points and if you boom 20 persons (40 points) you get an archivement +5

2.Charger : Only if you can death charge (push him out of the building) or in colaboration with a spitter.

3 Spitter : (my favorite) Spit on an incap. Work with a charger/smoker/hunter.

4. Smoker : Set up with chargers for death charges.

5. Hunter : Jump out from building and if you hit DIRECTLY a person, you get more points, depending on the high.

6. Jockey : Pick a guy alone and pull him away. If you ride him for 10 secs (i know how it sound :P) you get archivement and +5. Depending on the time you ride him, you get points.

When you finish playing. (In order)

1.Open chat and say bye all, Codrut is the best.

2. Disconnect from the server with a weird scream and your mic open.

3. Jump 3 times .

4.Scream Codrut for 30 secs.

5. Stay on your head for 30 secs

6. Close the game.

7. Enjoy your life.

8. The camouflaged face on your window is me....

3. Jump 3 times .

6. Close the game.

7. Enjoy your life.

This is possibly the creepiest advice I've ever read.

• Like 2

3. Jump 3 times .

6. Close the game.

7. Enjoy your life.

Just as i am studying the removal of psychologically disturbed individuals from society, that post pops up...

I've been keyboarding since 98' so typing has never been a problem for me Troll-ava.gif

but if you want some advice, just bind the !buy menu.

Things you should only really buy is:

AK for excellent spray with good power and accuracy

AWP for fast and easy kills Troll-ava.gif

Lasers for accuracy obviously

Fireworks for easy common kills and to get them off of you while you're trying to aim

Pills for when you are in the red or orange, and to share with fellow team members so you don't have to heal them.

First aids to heal yourself only, don't give team mates points, you won't ever get point farmer Troll-ava.gif

Never send points out, always expect your team mates to give you points, if not yell at them for not sharing Troll-ava.gif

These are the only items I've ever bought, The only thing I really type is the !sp command to send points out. Troll-ava.gif

Tell people to ask for points and be prepared to send them out.

A majority of every player on GC spawns in the same spot, knowing these spots on every map might just make you a better player.

Like specialK once said, its all about pre-aiming, but not just that, you also need a good reaction.

Maximum volume with a good pair of headsets will let you know where infected(and what type of infected depending on the sound they make) are before you see them, so aim in the direction of the sound and just wait till they show themselves.

Its easy to farm points as infected on certain parts of every map, with certain types of infected, but some times it can be hard. I will not give any advice on point farming as infected.

Troll highlights applied.

• Like 1

3. Jump 3 times .

6. Close the game.

7. Enjoy your life.

Just as i am studying the removal of psychologically disturbed individuals from society, that post pops up...

I think Toner is worse...

General's post is funny, i had to re-read a few lines several times. i was trying to decide if he was making mistakes? or being funny

He does send out points, but i do think he is careful to make sure the people he sends it to, know what to do with them. I learned to be careful too. Nothing more annoying than sending out points to someone, and then realizing they not only have no clue how to use them, but they wont respond when spoken or typed to.

(edited)

General's post is funny, i had to re-read a few lines several times. i was trying to decide if he was making mistakes? or being funny

He does send out points, but i do think he is careful to make sure the people he sends it to, know what to do with them. I learned to be careful too. Nothing more annoying than sending out points to someone, and then realizing they not only have no clue how to use them, but they wont respond when spoken or typed to.

Rule of thumb: If person who appears to need points has yet to speak/type/write in blood/etc. I don't send points to if I don't recognize the name. If you have a history of holding spitters then my magic mountain of points will remain guarded by Charlie.

Edited by direkt