The BIG Tip Video Project

JackieChan

Okay, I want to make a tip video for a lot of the aspects for the server, but I want your guys' help with creating a list of things to cover.

Some things will be like "When to close a safe room door behind you when entering it", "How to properly rocket boom", "How to avoid known Charger spots", etc.

Please give serious answers that you would like to see in video form please. Even if you already know how to do something, post it anyway. These are mainly going to be techniques exclusive to the server and not death charge spots, or high damage pounce areas, etc.

• Like 1

How to (and when can you) shoot through walls. I do this all the time and I don't think people know how effective it can be.

When to melee a hunter in the air. I have trouble with this. I do it when I think it's right, when I think it's early, and when I think it's late: and sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. I wrote it off as lag so I don't usually count on a melee working for me.

I'd make the videos server specific even if some can be used whenever. "You would do this 10v10 because" etc. Chain charging is probably a lot harder to get going with 4 strangers on a regular server.

Also, let me know if you need help.

"How to avoid known Charger spots"

I have always wondered if there is a heat map for survivor deaths on various campaigns in L4D2... This would be very, very useful.

Edit:

Forgot to add this:

You can always find good tutorials, either video or in writing, by browsing YouTube and Steam forums every now and then. Unfortunately, I lack deterity and agility to translate these information into actual skill. I don't even know how I manage to put my pants on everyday!

Edited by Socks

Rushing in with tank = bad

Rushing in with tank = yolo + swag

Besides, ever since 'buy your own tank' thing was implemented I have yet to see a complete fail tank. Of course except for my own.

Besides, ever since 'buy your own tank' thing was implemented I have yet to see a complete fail tank. Of course except for my own.

Really??? I've seen fail tanks all the time! Or how else can you explain certain matches were we killed 8-16 tanks in one round?

maybe how to do the different rocket spawns as well, i feel like i got way better with those once i got a few techniques - like high speed/low angle spawns to keep from getting 'showstopped' and low speed/high angle for clearing walls/buildings or in tight spaces or when spawns are blocked

i think a how to for tank punching would be good, like how demonstrating how the angle you punch and the physics works (i.e. dumpster bounces around a lot more than the car) and for throwing rocks (waiting til just before it's released to aim and making sure to lead the target, judging distance for how far to aim up)

staggering spawns at start of map (i.e. alternating charger/spitter instead of everyone spawning as whatever and dying at the same time)

recognizing when someone is black & white or infected and targetting them (so often people call it out and no one is able to attack them)

attacking the back instead of the front, why mains are important

cycling boomers and spitters, having 4 boomers pop in a group isn't a smart idea, likewise having 4 spitters spit the exact same spot isn't great either.

I second the adding of importance of mains

Edited by Tirtul

Definitely true, but can we establish it once and for all that as soon as we reach the saferoom, regular players are as important as mains as regards to the survival bonus?

totally

Hunter tips as high pounces or how to get on higher area without using R mode.

Tank tips as how to hit cars, put them over buildings (looking down while hitting the car), how put car through narrow spot (tunnel in Death Toll),...etc etc.

Spitter: spit and die thing, why not to overspit the incap player besides to prevent them to picking them up.

Charger : death carge spots ....

Boomer: how to rocket boom or how to rocket boom from lower level to higher level (before last map on the end...saw people spawning downstairs and rocket booming to the top)

Rushing in with tank = bad

THIS! Too many people fail to grasp that the purpose of the tank isn't to do damage. The most effective tank will stand on a roof or something throwing rocks while the rest of your team deals a ton of damage to the survivors. The survivors aren't going to advance as long as the tank is alive, so just keep throwing rocks and let your teammates pick them off. The exception I guess is when there are narrow hallways or alleys with cars and dumpsters to throw around, you can do a lot of damage like that.

What else? Boomer is one of the best characters in the game. You can easily rack up a bunch of points by dropping in on a group. You also provide essential cover for the rest of your team. Keep the boomers coming!

• 2 months later...