Making survivors side more challenging

cecurity

I am back to the zombie apocalypse scene after watching the Walking Dead TV series. I still enjoy 10 vs 10, but I found that the game is getting less and less challenging. And I know alot of you that have been playing since it came out know what I mean.

I am wondering what's your thought on limiting assault rifles and throwables including firework on the survivors side. I notice that the first round of every map is the most interesting as survivor. Everyone uses whatever weak weapons they have on hand and actually try to help each other. Firework clears out everything with a touch of a button, hordes, tanks, leaving SI shaking their heads. Later on each stages are just spray and pray with Ak47 with laser on. Some players play with different guns, sometimes just secondary weapon just to avoid over-dominance that in return ruining their fun.

Without cheap throwables, the better team can still get to the safe point but at least with more challenge, and it won't be unfair for the weaker team as the limitation work on both teams. Same goes for assault rifles. But I doubt it can actually work since all late stages come with them guns.

I have to agree with this. It would be nice to see the AK unavailable in the first 2 maps or so, or just make it more expensive. Same goes for the AWP. I would totally get rid of the stupid fireworks, and you have to get rid of the explosive bullets. They always buy them at choke points and completely roll through with no problem.

Maybe something similar to the Dynamic Weapon Pricing (DWP) that Valve toyed with for CS:S? The idea is that items which are purchased very frequently will increase in cost, while items that are purchased less frequently will decrease in cost. Over time, this DWP should hypothetically cause the demand (how often the items are purchased) to be roughly equal for all items.

If we could record item purchasing information to a persistent database, or simply read and count item purchases from existing command logs, creating a system like this to drive the prices of everything in the !buy menu would be possible (but would require a lot of work).

I vote yes on getting rid of the fireworks, or at least up their price. If i boom a lot of people i hope there's no mob, because they'll gain more points with one than without one:

one crate of fireworks: 3 points

points gained: protected survivors, killed commons, trophee for killing comments etc.

Uh...you know if fireworks are removed, people will just buy gas cans instead?

Maybe something similar to the Dynamic Weapon Pricing (DWP) that Valve toyed with for CS:S? The idea is that items which are purchased very frequently will increase in cost, while items that are purchased less frequently will decrease in cost. Over time, this DWP should hypothetically cause the demand (how often the items are purchased) to be roughly equal for all items.

If we could record item purchasing information to a persistent database, or simply read and count item purchases from existing command logs, creating a system like this to drive the prices of everything in the !buy menu would be possible (but would require a lot of work).

I thought I suggested something along those lines before too and also was met with negative feedback. Maybe I'm just confusing that with incremental pricing.

Well, I think gas can doesn't do much "damage" or effect as fire crate. Simply, when you got boomed, you simply put crate in front of your feet or little further from you, to cover larger area. Not to mention, you get also points from it, like killing spree (2 points) and protecting your teammate (1 point). So theoretically, if you're lucky enough, you can get the "investment" , into buying a firecrate, pretty quickly back.

I think you could make fireworks and gas cans cost as much as a molly. Make it a more important buying decision.

If that's the case then there's no point in buying them. Moly's you can at least throw and aim them, gas cans and fireworks crates you can't, plus you have to shoot them. Just get rid of them all together...it's like the pointless propane tank, who ever buys those??

I think you could make fireworks and gas cans cost as much as a molly. Make it a more important buying decision.

If that's the case then there's no point in buying them. Moly's you can at least throw and aim them, gas cans and fireworks crates you can't, plus you have to shoot them. Just get rid of them all together...it's like the pointless propane tank, who ever buys those??

I do. Why? Because i can.

• Like 1

I do. Why? Because i can.

I buy one now and then just in case a shark shows up. Smile you son of a...

I assume people buy fireworks instead of the gas is due to the extra visual hindrance the flames cause. Plus the cool factor and the sparkles with the unicorns candy corn uh huh. Just reduce the points gain from "Common Kills" achievement (5 points) to 3 points and it be a fair trade. In fact, changing the propane tank to 3 points buy would make a interesting scenario.

It's not uncommon for some people to have massed 20-30pts within a minute of leaving the saferoom - simple solution is just to double the price of everything and that should also apply to infected.

I hear some of you scream, "What?! 100pts for a tank?" Well that is only 4 high point pounces as a hunter - there are a few people who can achieve that within 1min of game starting.

As there would not be many tanks that could be bought as quickly, maybe Tank HP should be doubled - all too often they are dead within seconds. I know it's how you use the tank, but many occasions the scripted tank spawns in awful positions or simply so far away that by the time it reaches it's destintation he is already on fire.

I might play tonight. It will be challenging for the team I am on to win. I have no idea how to play, distribute points, or have any familiarity with the maps. Problem solved.

Shaftiel

Ahmergahd. Histuriez

I might play tonight. It will be challenging for the team I am on to win. I have no idea how to play, distribute points, or have any familiarity with the maps. Problem solved.

Shaftiel

Ahmergahd. Histuriez

Shaftiel

Ahmergahd. Histuriez

Shaftiel

Ahmergahd. Histuriez

Shaftiel

Ahmergahd. Histuriez