Tanks

Fenix

Maybe only sending points for heals... although not sure how that would work code-wise. Or only incaps are able to receive points.

Ussually only incaps are the ones getting points......

I think Maestro brings up a good point. It would be much more challenging for the survivors if !sp was eliminated

Not really - people send points more often than you'd think for things like defibs, etc. At least in my experience. But yes, removing the !sp function, or limiting it in some way(s), would go far to nerfing the Survivors.

Shouldn't these post be in that other topic? Seriously though, limiting the amount of points a player can send would really be nerfing survivors. I'd say 15 or 20 would be a good limit.

Not really - people send points more often than you'd think for things like defibs, etc. At least in my experience. But yes, removing the !sp function, or limiting it in some way(s), would go far to nerfing the Survivors.

Shouldn't these post be in that other topic? Seriously though, limiting the amount of points a player can send would really be nerfing survivors. I'd say 15 or 20 would be a good limit.

Yeah probably. Tank-specific talk in here kinda morphed into "Survivor nerf ideas.

Being able to buy boomer bile on every survivor is such an amazing idea!

Think of all the new strategies this would bring into the game. I love this idea of add features to the game that will make us rethink our tactics. I'm not worried about balancing our survivors and infected (because you both get to play as each), but adding something like this would make the game more fun! And isn't that what it's all about?

I played on one server where infected could buy "common headshots." This meant that common infected could only be killed by a headshot and it really increased the importance of melee weapons. Right now melee isn't very useful because a team of 10 survivors quickly kills off the commons before they become an issue.

On another note, right now infected can only buy upgrades that help the whole team. What about being able to upgrade the damage of your spitter spit or the duration of your boomer bile? There's a lot of upgrades you can add once you consider individual upgrades and not just team ones.

I've always supported Reto - should bring it back permanently.

Played on many other servers with so many stupid things survivors and infected can do, making the game so pathetic.

This is the best server ever, it's the simplicity that makes it work, let's keep it that way.

I could do a Retro Midweek Rampage again which will get rid of sendpoints, boomer infections, and...uhh...gifts?

I've been meaning to to do that for the longest time, but I keep forgetting to.

Well just make gifts as random and uncommon as they were before christmas, that was infrequent and just a treat. :)

And boomer infections isn't common and its a really fun aspect that usually doesn't result in a death, just increased teamwork.

I don't like the idea of no...sendpoints

are these all permanent or just temp? As MPG said, simplicity, and this server is that already.

I could do a Retro Midweek Rampage again which will get rid of sendpoints, boomer infections, and...uhh...gifts?

Aside from the gifts, I think those are among the 3 or 4 best and most intelligent modifications to the game.

Edited by Lookback

Server #2 (hey, remember server #2?) should be RMR 24/7.

• 4 weeks later...