Europe to US connection

TheDude

Is there any way to boost my connection, starting from here in Europe to the L4D-server in Chicago?

I usually run a ping of about 120-130, and was wondering if there was any way to enhance that connection, using LogMeIn Hamachi for example.

Aye as JC said, Hamachi won't do anything for you. Only thing you can do is try a different ISP and even that is doubtful as most of the transatlantic cables sit at 70-100ms of latency, and most of them on your side terminate in the UK or France adding more latency, and terminate on the east coast here once again adding more latency. You could run 4,000+ mile fiber optic cable from your house to Chicago which figuring the speed of light at 186,000 miles per second would give you around 21ms not including switching hardware. Might be cost prohibitive :).

You could run 4,000+ mile fiber optic cable from your house to Chicago which figuring the speed of light at 186,000 miles per second would give you around 21ms not including switching hardware. Might be cost prohibitive :).

I'll try that. Meet me on US shores in about 2 weeks :sleep:

(edited)

I was going to suggest you move Britain closer to the US since it's just a couple of floating islands, but then I remembered you're in the Netherlands. You could try moving them closer though - I don't think France would miss you guys too much (they're kind of stuck up, from what I hear).

Edited by boiler