It's a go! FFO 2013 July 18th-21st!

Flitterkill

FFO 2013

Black Wolf Hall

Stow, OH

July 18th through 21st, 2013

So that settles that then. Fatty has already started warning/alerting old hands long gone from these forum realms.

Registration will start up in a week or so? Sounds about right.

Can you handle $75? I hope so...

Expect kickstarter-ish bonuses as we go past 50/60 people attending or there abouts...

There *might* be some opportunity for those that need/want to pitch a tent outside but don't hold your breath. Sleeping/showering arrangements are all on you however. Give me a few days and let me see what I can shake out of the Economy Inn just down the road. The Clarion is "nearby" as well for those with nostalgia.

• Like 1

$75 is about what i expected. i know the way hotels work, it doesn't matter for them if we have 10 or 100 people, unlikely they will make a discount. But I don't know the power of your word, maybe you can negotiate it a price down by half of the original price, who knows:)

Wednesday I have no idea. Whether that's amusement park and/or trailer cookout; beats me.

Thursday morning golf? 9 holes? New venue and so much fun stuff I (if I show...) would want to get in there for setup early afternoon (plus new venue, bound to be some logistical/arrangement fun).

Oh, and everyone pays...

Is $25 a lot more? Years past December through January? February? Was $50 early bird. That was setup to bring in revenue to cover the deposit in the short term so someone wouldn't need to light up their credit card or bankrupt GC (server costs were so much more back then and cash flow was rough at times...)

After that it was $75, and then for the last month, month and half before hand it went to $100.

Clarion was promoting in their proposals to me that room rates were down from the last time going from $80 in 2010 to $75 this year. Budget Inn just up the road on the interstate from Stow, and conveniently located next to Tequilla Panchos is @$53 a night. If that's too downtrodden for you there's the Days Inn - Kent/Akron, 6 miles away, $50 a night average - those are Expedia prices btw.

You could double up on these rooms? Weren't there room sharing threads during the other FragFests? Since this is 24 hours a day straight through I imagine enterprising people could even do a true room sharing thing arranging hours when when each group would have the room...

EDIT: Yeah, 2009 - $50 December to January 31st, then $75, then June til event start $100. Rinse/repeat for prior years. Also, tee-shirt included of course and very likely more. The more people show up, the more happens... For a bit I was thinking we could go less for the reg. fee but after a couple years off, new venue, many new people... $75 is a good amount to somewhat protect ourselves if less than 50 show up.

even M2 is coming?? what is the world coming to!

You should look at the membermap, a little ways south and west. Coming is probably too strong a word for M2. Arriving would seem more appropriate.

Also, although past ones have started Friday morning with those doing Thurs evening setup soft-starting the event, I'm thinking setup starts earlier this year and it can officially soft start 6pm Thursday. We'd hold off on starting giveaways and tournies until Friday of course.

I guess for some reason I had it in my head the $50 covered the rooms as well. I was indeed mistaken, just confused more than anything. And yeah, hopefully I can get my buddy to come again, or else I call dibs on sharing a room with Jackie or lousiest, or both. Splitting a room 3 ways should be super cheap. They can sleep in one bed and I get my own! :P

For 75 are we still including a shirt?

Of course.

$75 = Venue, tables (we'll need to grab some this year) and tee-shirt. There's a number of people we need to attend to cover all of this. Once we hit that number, in Kickstartian terms, things begin to unlock, quickly, making the event more awesome. More awesomeness happens as we gather up sponsors and such.