It's a go! FFO 2013 July 18th-21st!

Flitterkill

So.... does this mean I have to fire up CS:S again?

boy are you in for a surprise

also, registration forms nao! :(

Aww man, this mean i gotta shell out for CS:GO? I've been spending the better part of the last several years playing Oblivion (not for a long time now) Dragon Age: Origins, and the Mass Effect series.

You're severely discounting the personal price (opportunity cost, etc) factored into sitting in a car for 16 hours. If you drive it straight through, you'll be spent and worthless for at least one of the days of the party. If you stop along the way and get a room, that's another ~$40 (you sleep cheap, I can tell). Getting there in about 2 or 3 hours instead of 16 is nothing to laugh at.

A couple weeks ago my buddy and I drove his newly purchased car down to FL from CT, I know something about driving and we just made the straight shot from PA. The problem is it's expensive to fly/rent a car but it's a no win situation really. Tickets are cheaper if I left from SRQ airport today compared to summer!

The savings of a car would be around $120 (parking fee at airport) but if you factor in 32 hours of driving, minus 8 hours compared to time spent with plane tickets, that puts you at spending $120 / 24 hours = $5 for every hour you wouldn't be driving... I for one would dislike "making" $5 a hour so yes, flying is the better choice. The deal gets sweetened when more people join the road trip.

A couple weeks ago my buddy and I drove his newly purchased car down to FL from CT, I know something about driving and we just made the straight shot from PA. The problem is it's expensive to fly/rent a car but it's a no win situation really. Tickets are cheaper if I left from SRQ airport today compared to summer!

Book your flight early. The closer you get to the date the more expensive the tickets will be. No need for a rental car, friendly GC members will be happy to drive you around.

Agree, if everything lays straight, .....

I have no idea what that means.

Shaftiel

GC Board Member

The cost is almost certainly going to be $75; that'll cover Thursday 6pm through Sunday Noon (though 9am to Noon Sunday is teardown and cleaning...)

As for registration opening... Soon? I could start it now but it would be minus seat assignments. It may come to that anyways as I need to get Fat into the venue and take some verifying measurements before a seat chart can be finalized and even then it may have to be changed on-site depending on how many we get coming.

If it's a desktop? Man, I wouldn't take it with the airline, pretty sure you'll pay through the nose for that--you should see if whatever hotel you're going to stay at can accept a package for you in advance, or just ship it fedex the day before leaving and pick it up at the closest fedex location when you get there.

Alternatively, if you're coming from VT maybe you could carpool with me, if you're up for a long drive. I live close to Springfield, MA.