Every MMOer's Dream?

lousiest

There is a an unoffical Pokemon MMO with all regions and everything the pokemon games have.

Plus, Online gaming is not as big in Japan compaired to Korea and China except for titles like Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy XI.

Game Freak probably do not spend to much money developing the games. Thats why the main games are on handhelds so their profits are stupid high.

Edited by onyxdragoon

From my understanding, the developers turned down the game speed in that area to 10% of normal in order to facilitate such a massive fight. Supposedly the equivalent of nearly $20,000 real dollars was lost all because someone clicked a wrong button.

Here's a (not) short explanation of things.

Edited by spazmeister
  • Like 2

Reading about this event is much more interesting than watching it. What is the point of investing so much money and time into a game if you can't get anything back from it, money wise? And why would a new person start playing this game if there are so many alliances that already control the whole game? Pointless, or prove me wrong.

My MMO dream is a perfectly balanced mmo - hasn't been done yet.

Everyone has differing comfort zones and skill. 'perfectly balanced' doesn't really mean anything. That being said, I agree with you. lol :P

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

Plus, Online gaming is not as big in Japan compaired to Korea and China except for titles like Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy XI.

Game Freak probably do not spend to much money developing the games. Thats why the main games are on handhelds so their profits are stupid high.

The big thing is that Nintendo has screwed up when it comes to online connectivity. Friend codes? Really? Why not Friend LISTS. They fixed that with the 3DS. I hope the online functionality with Pokemon X and Y is a lot better than the previous games in the series.

Back on topic though, I love how a misclick caused a war and $20,000 dollars lost. I tried playing EVE way back in the day and even during the tutorial, I looked a little like this. The game seems to have a really steep learning curve and if you can muscle through it, it seems like it would make for a good game experience.

The big thing is that Nintendo has screwed up when it comes to online connectivity. Friend codes? Really? Why not Friend LISTS. They fixed that with the 3DS. I hope the online functionality with Pokemon X and Y is a lot better than the previous games in the series.

Back on topic though, I love how a misclick caused a war and $20,000 dollars lost. I tried playing EVE way back in the day and even during the tutorial, I looked a little like this. The game seems to have a really steep learning curve and if you can muscle through it, it seems like it would make for a good game experience.

I was expecting a steep learning curve but compared to last time I tried EVE, the tutorial is WAAAAAYYYY better. I haven't been confused or stumped yet. I did run into one issue but google made it easy to resolve. Otherwise, I give this trial run two thumbs up compared to my last try.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really like SOASE, EVE was fun but man did it drain my time. Speaking of, how do you guys find time to play so many games in GC? I'm drowning in my unplayed games list in Steam, and I plan on adding Minecraft to the list :/ Reasons I liked the CoD games, SP took 7 hours max and after that I uninstalled.

Edited by Kitarity
  • Like 1

Don't feel bad, kit... when I do have time to play, I have to decide on whether I have time to sit down any of the ten or so new games that are installed that I've yet to get to. Speaking of lacking time... I have darksiders 2 installed, and I just started darksiders 1. My only gripe is there's this god awful bug which forces you to blow your horn repeatedly, and you have to sit there listening to the god awful audio file until it decides to stop. It makes me want to scream "stupid console port, why couldn't they spend five minutes fixing it up!" grr! lol. Also: Still haven't played ME2 or ME3, and still working on ME1. I'm like five years behind everyone else. Sadface.

• Like 1