Score Ties. Jackie Help?

Soap

Jackie, we have a serious problem.

This has been happening at least 3 times a day. Tied scores, no damage factoring in.

Can the damage be added for tie breakers?

Sincerely,

Soap

If not, at the very least, is this worth a present hat for me?

post-4169-0-93903000-1359518770_thumb.jpg

post-4169-0-93224000-1359518831_thumb.jpg

Nope. The game doesn't consider it a "real" versus game for some reason. I guess it has to be started through a lobby for it to have tie breakers o_O

And nope.

Nope? What are the active things we can still do for a present? That thread got buried a long time ago... :(

I recently tested this in both versus and team versus - on servers not sent via lobbies, and it's been working.

vs_tiebreak_bonus

I think a major problem with team scores has to do with only recording those 4 mains. It's only logical to actually record all survivors.

This plugin will track all survivors based on distance. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=207931

Yes, the only thing I opted out of doing in team manager was actually reflecting the change on the scoreboard, so the plugin displays the actual scores in chat and in a panel on round ends; also, it can be accessed via !score ; PSim has been working diligently on a version that will reflect it on the scoreboard, but as he and I have been discussing, it's an extremely robust and difficult process; difficult because the score changes hands in several places. A few prominent members of the alliedmods community seem to have tried in the past, much with failure (or other issues) plaguing it. I had it working, somewhat, at one point, where it would reflect the actual scores on the board, but the lines weren't drawn properly, so I just hide the scoreboard completely. It has its ups and downs; the downside that I would think would be for the people who can't put together that the scoreboard scores are being ignored by the management plugin :o)

I opted to make it so all maps are worth a flat 400 points. Instead of taking the total distance of all players, it grabs the average distance travelled by adding the distances up and dividing by the human survivor count. This means that if the teams are 8on6, the team with less players will be more heavily weighed in during their survivor round, as the dividend is greater. It also means that if you rush off, leaving teammates behind, your rushed distance will be weighed less; It's easiest to understand on the simple median scale; But the good news is it discourages rushing, since a team with a few players who rush a mile ahead will earn less team score than a team of players who stayed together, but died with less total distance, because they'll have a further average distance.