FFO 2013 - I Need a Ride Open Thread

Flitterkill

The following attachments are the potential routes I will be taking. If you are along these routes and would like to carpool up let me know. If I cannot carpool with someone I will not be going since it will be too much in gas for me alone and a plane ticket would suck b/c I would need to bring stuff through the airport/not have a car up there etc. Gravity and her bf may be going which means I may take the ATL route but that's up in the air. Potential for 1-3 seats open!

LET ME KNOW, OK THANK YOU.

post-4157-0-60163100-1360892404.png

post-4157-0-41028300-1359390343.jpg

Well since the forum won't let me start a new thread I will post this here since it has to do with travel. For those familiar with Ohio roads I need some advice. I am planning my route and I can take I-80E across all of Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio to FF which is pretty much a straight shot. I have taken this route before and it is easy and overall good roads. However I will end up paying about $50 in round trip tolls, thanks to Indiana and Ohio. I mapped a non-toll route that takes me mainly through US 30 through Indiana and Ohio. In Ohio I then jump on I-71 to I-76 and then on up to route 8. I am not familiar with this route and am hoping people can let me know road conditions and speed limits. The downside is this route says it will add about an hour drive each way but it only adds a total of 25 miles each way to the round trip - less than a gallon of gas total.

since the forum won't let me start a new thread

Oops. Let me fix that...

Also blame Indiana. Not a fan of selling state infrastructure to private companies. Tolls for that Indiana stretch are going to be so ridiculous in a few years.

Haven't been on 30 myself but the extra time is the dif. between highway and interstate speeds. Summer driving so no winter problems; always the potential for road construction though. You're in a tough spot. The toll route is easily the fastest and most direct/convenient.

since the forum won't let me start a new thread

Oops. Let me fix that...

Also blame Indiana. Not a fan of selling state infrastructure to private companies. Tolls for that Indiana stretch are going to be so ridiculous in a few years.

Haven't been on 30 myself but the extra time is the dif. between highway and interstate speeds. Summer driving so no winter problems; always the potential for road construction though. You're in a tough spot. The toll route is easily the fastest and most direct/convenient.

Actually Ohio tolls are more than the Indiana ones when I calculated them. Around $9.50 vs. $12.25. Illinois has some small tolls just before the Indiana border but they aren't much. I suppose it comes down to is it worth $22-25 per hour to drive an extra hour each way. Right now I am leaning towards yes it is since that money could go towards the hotel. My only fear is that I have never travelled US 30 and I have travelled I-80 several times.

• 2 months later...

If I fly, is there anyone from Cleveland or nearby Cleveland that will be trekking down?

I am pretty close to cleveland what airport will you coming in? I would assume Cleveland Hopkins airport.

Edited by MaRvIn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just saw this thread now. Am coming from Mississauga, Ontario through Buffalo, NY if anyone needs a ride and is close to my route. Only thing is I have to leave EARLY Sunday morning (6am early).

Oh and PM me in case I forget to check this.

Edited by Cujo