Server Exploits?

TheReverend

Can I get a clarification on an exploit? Level 2 of No mercy, the subways, the first train car you come across has a non-moving trash can leaning on it that lets you climb with 0 resistance on top of the car. It's pretty clear the game designers put it there to get on top of the car, but I've been told by various admins that it's an exploit. Meanwhile in the 3rd level of Dead Center smokers are allowed to rocket to the malls roof windows, clip through them, and spawn/smoke people when it's pretty clear they were intending this. So my question would be, does climbing the car actually = exploit, if so how do determine what is/isn't an exploit, I'd attach pics but single player tries to enforce consistency on my skins, so I'd have to turn off all my add-ons

However, this may be an exploit. link

Anyone caught doing 12, 9, 8, 7, 5, 3 or 1 should and will get banned.

Isn't 2 extremely exploitative as well? the other ones all seem to just be acrobatics on the survivors part, obviously the ones where you go off the map/ into infected only areas should be prohibited but something like getting on top the truck only in 5 doesn't seem bad

Edited by swatfishy

Anyone caught doing 12, 9, 8, 7, 5, 3 or 1 should and will get banned.

awww some of itlooked so fun....and people could get pulled into those odd areas and killed if they decided to jump to strange areas.... :*(

Sky

#1 is just hunter 25 pounce spots - all areas can be reached without exploiting; valve designed hunters to be able to jump off of clip walls; you can always remove those textures with stripper.

Edited by Sky

• 4 weeks later...

Number 4 in the shaft could be an exploit, rest is set ups. If a survivor were to kill that smoker, I dont know if magical ledge hanging would kick in or if they'd fall to their death.

2 is pretty legit IMO, but whatever

Anyplace where a Survivor shouldnt be able to get to by normal means, should be considered an exploit.