Antivirus suggestions?

walkingCat

I had McAfee total protection, this is the worst antivirus that I ever installed. So I need to get a new one since McAfee can only consumes RAM and slows down my Internet, can't detect nothing.

This post gave me cancer.

McAfee and Norton is like that lazy mall cop who spends most of his day eating donuts, get Nod32 which is like the Terminator... In every meaning.

I had McAfee total protection, this is the worst antivirus that I ever installed. So I need to get a new one since McAfee can only consumes RAM and slows down my Internet, can't detect nothing.

This post gave me cancer.

McAfee and Norton is like that lazy mall cop who spends most of his day eating donuts, get Nod32 which is like the Terminator... In every meaning.

I bought mcafee because I've got for a half of its price. Never liked it but price was good.

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware bytes will do all you need. I use them and also I use Peerblock. Peerblock is great to keep all those annoying websites that want your info without asking (especially the torrent sites)

Edited by Preacher

If you are taking the free path the go with MS Security Essentials like everyone else has said, Malwarebytes is a a good scanner for free but it doesn't proactively defend you from attacks. I would recommend staying clear of most of the other free ones because they will nag you to death about upgrading and I've had a lot of issues with Avast and Avira over the last few months blocking internet connections after they update.

The paid route I would also recommend Nod32 (or any of the other ESET products) or Webroot. I was skeptical about the Webroot but after receiving a free copy to try I have been very happy. Webroot AV/IS uses fractions of the resources other protections use. There is nothing bad about Kaspersky other than being a resource hog. When you purchase a Kaspersky disc (instead of downloading) you can boot to the disc outside of windows and it will run some removals that others can't do inside the OS.

Newegg consistently puts up ESET pruducts at discounted prices if you aren't in a hurry.