Monthly ranks (In addition to the overall ranks)

EvolvedFire

I couldn't find this suggested anywhere else.

Would it be possible to implement monthly rankings alongside the overall rankings?

At the moment the overall rankings seem to favour those that have been playing longer

Thoughts?

Would it be possible?

it is but it would be a lot of work to implement.

basically you would either need to extend the l4d stats which I looked into and its a pain. Or... at the beginning of each month duplicate the stats database and have some way to check the difference between the current and old score. This would be a pretty heavy query and would lag the server when it ran.

Maybe after I graduate in may I can look into it again since I will not be working for a while (on purpose)

I made a fork of the stats plugin some time ago and fixed rank shuffle (or tried to), I don't think we ever tested it.

looking through it now this file is ridiculously large and has some horribly inefficient code. I'm kind of scared to touch it.

if anyone knows how to code we could collaborate on this. I have it on my git at

https://github.com/crasx/l4dstats/blob/master/PLUGIN/l4d_stats.sp

git is a source version control system and I would be willing to help someone learn git if they didn't already.

basically its a huge job to take on and I would have to do it when school ends

From a non-codes logical view on life, could you simply copy-pasta all the code for the current ranking system, set a new save database, and have that database reset every month?

Client side commands could be updated from !rank and !nextrank to !monthrank and !monthnextrank

Or am I looking at things to simply?

"Monthly Rants? What the he-- OH Raaanks"

I contribute nothing, except that stats are there for fun and not to show who is skillful. Monthly Ranks might make it more competitive, and I dont know if thats a good thing. It might make people act less..chivalrous manner, "Youre not in the monthly ranking why would I give you points?"