No talk of Bioshock Infinite?

Flitterkill

Beat this game today. It... was alright.

I was constantly going through the game saying, "Oh...hey, new character. Oh...they're important. Cool..." The story's pacing was terrible. They try to force feed you all the necessary details so much at a time and as fast as possible. The ending? Sure, let's cram as much info as we can in 5 minutes because we want to wrap up all these loose ends.

Okay, there are gonna be some spoilers here, so just be careful.

There are a few things I predicted well before they were revealed.

1. Booker was Comstock. I guess I've seen too many Hollywood plot lines to predict something like that.

2. Elizabeth was Booker's daughter. I established this soon after you rescue her from the tower.

3. Robert and Rosalind Lutece were dead and they were the ones rowing the boat at the beginning of the game.

What strikes me as strange is that why are the songs "Tainted Love" and "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" in the game?

Becuase they are tears in the space-time continuum. There is an audio log in a store that describes how a guy got rich by remixing this newer music. That guy was Jeremiah Fink's brother. It is assumed Fink used tears to advance his own technology.

Also, the Luteces aren't dead, they exist outside of time. Comstock asked Fink to kill the Luteces. He sabatoged the machine the Luteces used to make tears and instead of killing them they now exist outside of time.

I thought the ending was fine. Have you ever seen the end of a Seinfeld episofe where all the things that happened in the episode come together at the end? It's just like that. Would you rather they dragged out the end explaining stuff for an hour?

Edited by VooDooPC

**Yeah yeah, SPOILERS. Blah Blah.**

Thing is though, Bioshock isn't a 22 minute game, it's a 9 hour game (how long it took me) and they throw a plethora of things at you in quick succession, not just a few key references made through the duration like Seinfeld does. I would have much rather they explain stuff gradually through out the game in a better manner than they did. I didn't bother reading/watching up on Infinite any of the time it was in development and until after I beat the game. Who the hell was Slate and why introduce him in the manner they did? Just a sudden introduction and apparently Booker knows him from the battle of Wounded Knee and they had a strong comradery in the past that the player has absolutely no idea about until they do it and before you know it you have to fight him. Okay. Same with Fitzroy. Sudden appearance when they hijack your airship, and boom, you're doing a job for her. Then she's your enemy. Then she's your friend. Then she's your enemy again. They never let you know who is what until they throw it all in your face at one given time.

Do they expect you to memorize everything every character says in those voxophones? Hell no. You can try, but explaining half the story through those things while potentially only hearing half of the ones in the game doesn't make for good story telling.

Another thing that irritated me was that you're sent up to Columbia and it was a huge shock to the main character and to you as a player, but suddenly he throws all of that shock out the window and then nothing phases him about seeing all this stuff for the first time throughout the rest of the game?

All I can say is that the game could have been much longer and provided a better opportunity to tell the story. If you're going to make a game that is very story-driven, don't rush the most important aspect you're trying to strive for. That's exactly what they did in my eyes. Seems like they weren't given enough development time or were just plain lazy and threw half the story they were trying to tell through voxophones.

What strikes me as strange is that why are the songs "Tainted Love" and "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" in the game?

Because...

To give a hint that either time travel is at play (I heard a CCR song from a rift at one point) or alternate realities. That's all.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never played 1st Bioshock.

I liked Bioshock Infinite so much Im gonna play one more time.

I spent 20 hours, explored everything. I think I have most of achievements.

Regarding scenario, I find it interesting, well much better than most of the games in our days. Ending surprised me and didn't disappoint at all.

Special thanks to 'Zilla! :)

• Like 1

I beat Infinite last week, it was a real sensory treat. Normally I wait for a price drop before I buy a game but after playing 1 & 2, I couldn't resist.

For those of you you haven't played 1 or 2 yet - go and grab them, they will not disappoint.

Can't figure out which is my favorite, but I'm leaning towards 2...thinking about replaying the first. Might be interesting with current hardware.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved taking screenshots!  I found it pretty hard, too. Shoulda played on a easier level.  I HATE the Handyman!  I couldn't kill him and got so mad I made Jack play for me and kill him, lol.  Which is really annoying because I had to put my key binds back to default for him, then rebind them back to how I like them.  I'm a sucker.  Should replay it again and kill that stupid Handyman! Hate when he electrifies the rails :(  But I just love this game.  The first twenty minutes of the game is amazing. <3

Got most of the way through it, hit a bug that kept me from continuing.  Uninstalled.

Finished the game on hard, it was great but tried to play some of the DLC with no luck.

The keyboard controls are remapped -> try to change the keys back to the default -> save -> start playing again and they are back to the crap remapping -> uninstalled.

Edited by Madvillain