Have you ever crashed sooooo hard.

That your background picture got permanently messed up?

I have been having some graphics card issues lately. Only when playing games, my video card will crash (sound and computer will keep running but all signal to my monitor will seize).

At first I thought it was an electrical problem because I broke an usb port on the front panel of my case and the electrical was preventing it from turning on. Once I unplugged the connections to the front panel the problem was fixed, but I don't know....

Well tonight I crashed so hard that my desktop picture actually warped and was saved that way.

This is what it looked like before:

funny-science-wallpaper-4.jpg

This is how it looks now

902466_4919012569660_1310929597_o.jpg

This is very new to me, I thought I had messed up my graphics card permanently until the background slideshow changed the picture and it was all fine.

I currently have a GT 9500 (old I know) and I will be upgrading it. One of the good people of GC (LOOOSSSHH <3) has one sitting around that he's willing to give up and Ill see if that works.

I also have a 8500 that is included in the motherboard (not being used) I bought when I built my machine back in 2010, but again, I built it on a budget so all my parts are slightly older than 2010. All about them sales babay.

Anyway, I just thought it was really weird, and see if there is anything else you guys might think is causing my crashing issues. MaestroPG said it could be that I run the Steam Websbrowser at the same time and it messes up with my resolution for Windows 7 and causes the crash, but again, we'll see what happens after I replace this video card. I do need more ram though and it would be nice to update the motherboard, BUT money is tight so this little baby is a project for later.

Here's my set up if anyone is interested...

(recently took out my dual monitor because I thought it was the cause of the crashes)

539382_3888523328073_377624280_n.jpg

Edited by GravityKitty