Battlefield 4

lousiest

More like Battlefield Poor! BAM! *puts hand up for high-five*

It looks good, but since I got my new video card I reinstalled Battlefield 3 and I have to say, Battlefield 3 looks pretty damn good still. The only improvement I see over 3 compared to 4 are the character models and animations, maybe a little bit of better looking particles here and there. For the most part it looks like 3. It also sounds exactly the same as 3... like... exactly the same.

It's too bad that even as crazy as the game looks, like shooting a helicopter down with a grenade launcher, the game still looks boring. Like I'm watching a movie that is cut up into sections where I occasionally shoot dudes. I want really fun and engaging game play, not just set piece after set piece.

Edited by VooDooPC

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to get it but I know they already planned all their map packs already. Plus, all I do on BF3 is play Close Quarters because I hate vehicles but thats the point of the game lol.

I've been playing tons of Close Quarters too, it's the easiest way to get weapon unlocks. Team Deathmatch on smaller maps is also a good way. Close quarters has a lot of shotguns though, but it's just something you have to expect. There's an auto shotgun, the MK3A1, which is pretty unbalanced for close quarters, I think. If you use that you'll always be at the top of the scoreboard. Some guy was using it and I killed him with a crossbow and he called me a crossbow using noob. :D

I will be getting BF4 I have played all the battlefield series and like most of them. I hope though that the programmers do a better job in 4 than they did in 3. I agree that bf3 is good but I think bad company 2 was better as far as gameplay

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kinda doubt it Biggs.....but feel free to try it out. We had a BF3 server, but it failed miserably due to having no one to dedicate a boat load of time to it, naming myself as one of the culprits.

Battlefield games don't seem to breed the sense of community that CS and L4D2 do...I think that the lack of in game voice chat is largely responsible for that. If you want voice, you are usually in a vent server with your little established group....not really mixing it up with the locals. The Valve games that we play here have a more connected feel to them due to all of the in game socializing.....sometimes that's a bad thing, but hey...it can't all be champagne and roses right?

Battlefield also supports 64 players, and that seems to be what people enjoy. You can have smaller servers like the Close Quarters servers but I don't think they are as popular. If I had to guess Battlefield players see them and think, "oh my, that's like Call of Duty! GTFO!".

If we had like, 30 more people who played Battlefield maybe we could pull off a server.

I agree with VooDoo and Clueless. I'm a big fan of the 64 player servers and they need to be pretty regularly populated for me to jump on. I'd play, but I'd need to know that a ton of other members would join me. I think just getting GC folks together in a squad and playing on some random server is the closest we'll get to having a Battlefield GC community.