Hunger Games / Battle Royale!

TheDude

(edited)

Hey guys

With a little help from my friends (Crasx and Baloosh) i've put a 'fence' around a huge plot of land on the server to play some hunger games!

Everything is in place: chests to put your stuff in, starting spots, a cornucopia etc.

All we need now is a time. How long one game takes is up to the survivors. If we have about five players (not including myself) we can try it.

Who would be up for it?

Edit: before i forget: the prize is a lvl 30 enchanted diamond pick...

Edited by TheDude

What's the object of the game?? Do we all kill each other? Cause if that's the case that won't last long...Dynmap makes it easy to locate ppl, and all I need is a wooden sword and harrass someone and I win.

(edited)

What's the object of the game?? Do we all kill each other? Cause if that's the case that won't last long...Dynmap makes it easy to locate ppl, and all I need is a wooden sword and harrass someone and I win.

Survive by all means. Last man standing wins.

you are given a huge area. you start in a circle. in the center there's chests with some useful stuff in them. you have to choose wether to go for the chests (which a lot of other ppl will do) or go hide and survive on your own.

If everyone goes for the chests it will probably last about 2 mins.

the smart ones however look at what the other players do. Even if you come out on top in a brawl at the center, you may be too wounded to deal with those who fled.

Edit: the only rule is you stay within the parameters of the field, which consists mostly of jungle, but also some desert and some snowy forest. You can actually spot it on the dynmap, it's to the southwest of baloosh's (cocopuff) claim

illustrating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dEqVy66HW8

Also the dynmap actually comes in handy here, in case there are people who want to dig themselves in.

Edited by TheDude

So would we be allowed to dig down and mine iron and such? and obviously we need to verify someone doesn't keep an enchanted book on them or something to gain an edge...since there's no way to inventory check anyone.

(edited)
wooden sword

where are you gonna get a wooden sword? I probably should have mentioned you start with absolutely nothing on you :D. you can store your stuff in chests outside of the arena. Then an underground tunnel takes you right to the center of the arena.

So would we be allowed to dig down and mine iron and such? and obviously we need to verify someone doesn't keep an enchanted book on them or something to gain an edge...since there's no way to inventory check anyone.

Yes you can mine all you want. That takes time though, and there isn't much food to be found in the jungle. While i doubt anyone would actively cheat, i'll be in creative mode overseeing everything.

Edited by TheDude

So where is this area and how big is the wall?? And where can I sign up to maul these dudes. Also, I may be able to get people to watch from my skyway if they don't wanna participate. I could build a skyway overhead so people can watch from above lol

So where is this area and how big is the wall?? And where can I sign up to maul these dudes. Also, I may be able to get people to watch from my skyway if they don't wanna participate. I could build a skyway overhead so people can watch from above lol

it's not a wall, just a marking. Coördinates are 2365, 65, 1388 (dynmap). I built it waaay out of the way so nobody would go building in it.

well we could set a date and a time, but that's not always the best idea. We could also just do it a random moment when enough players are online (or both).

You guys pick. At the moment the field is set up for a maximum of 10 contenders.

If you do pick a date please keep in mind though that i run about 6 hours ahead of each of you